They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

A new age of doing things

Talk about anything here.

A new age of doing things

Postby momoffduty » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:58 pm

I had to find a new doctor, the other closed his office near me. Went to the new doc yesterday and they have a web portal. Filled out 6 sheets of info. Got an email to create an account on their portal. I did and noticed someone's face was on my account. Clicked on it and it is my crappy driver's license photo. This is just way too creepy. :ha:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: A new age of doing things

Postby sidd finch » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:41 pm

It is a brave new world out there. I have had on line dr visits already. we have all become the man behind the curtain from the wizard of oz

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:59 pm

I had to go in person. 4 chairs in waiting room and at times a few standing at window. I was there about 1 1/2 hours. Woke up with nightmare about being in a crowd. We've been staying in mostly so very strange to see people.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Peru » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:40 pm

I had to have a couple prescriptions renewed and my insurance company required a video and/or phone visit with the doctor. It really was a waste of time as he just read off my chart to me.
Peru

Postby ed » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:57 pm

I'm IT director for a National Science Foundation survey that has been fielded every other year since 1973. This Fall we are doing a pilot for dependent interviewing, were the respondent is shown their past responses and asked to affirm the information. I'm expecting a lot of unkind comments from the respondents about data privacy. That's not even as creepy as your story mom.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:33 pm

Since I am a new patient I had to go in. Going back in Sept and then 6mos after that. Next time I will wait outside the building. Creepy that all my personal info is on the portal.

My neighbor is a child therapist and she has been doing telehealth visits. My daughter works at a children's hospital clinic and they have been doing telehealth and now allowing some to come in to the clinic. But, they are keeping the telehealth for most patients. She and a team spent the first 2 weeks loading all the patient's visits online. Scary that your info is out there.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:11 pm

Did my 6 mo check up at the Doctor last week. Had to wear a mask. Guard took my temp outside of the building. Asked me if I had any weapons. I said yes, my pocket knife to open hay bales for the horses. He said, "give it to me" and he put it in his pocket. When I returned to go home he could not find it at first then went back into the building and came out with it.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:43 am

TreeTopsRanch wrote:Did my 6 mo check up at the Doctor last week. Had to wear a mask. Guard took my temp outside of the building. Asked me if I had any weapons. I said yes, my pocket knife to open hay bales for the horses. He said, "give it to me" and he put it in his pocket. When I returned to go home he could not find it at first then went back into the building and came out with it.

Wow! A rebel! My husband quit carrying his small pocket knife.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby BuddyB » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:21 am

Just wait, we ain't seen nothing yet. I had the fortune of growing up in the late forties to the middle fifties..absolutely great; no tech, just yourself, friends and imagination. And of course this is how we got where we are now..hmmmm.
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler