They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

CA Air National Guard flyovers to salute health care workers

Talk about anything here.

CA Air National Guard flyovers to salute health care workers

Postby sidd finch » Wed May 13, 2020 8:58 am

SO this might be a good chance to get the drone up (less that 100ft) to see if I can get some video. Forecast says clouds.... uggg

The California Air National Guard will fly over parts of the state on Wednesday as a tribute to health care workers, first responders and others on the front lines of the novel coronavirus outbreak.

Four F-15C Eagle fighter jets with the Guard’s 114th Fighter Wing will take off from the Fresno Air National Guard Base at 10 a.m.

Advertisement
The pilots will then fly over medical facilities in the San Joaquin Valley, Sacramento, Bay Area and Southern California, the guard said in a statement Tuesday.

The flyover will cover the towns of Reedley, Selma, Madera, Sacramento, Merced, Richmond, Oakland, San Jose, Monterey, Los Angeles and Clovis.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: CA Air National Guard flyovers to salute health care wor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed May 13, 2020 1:08 pm

They flew over here yesterday. At least that's what they say. I heard them but didn't see them since they skirted the southern and western suburbs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Wed May 13, 2020 5:25 pm

I was not able to get my drone up in time... But it was cool watching them fly by.

It is so comforting to see that front line workers are getting that kind of respect. Not sure about your area, but we have a lot of different cities that have a ton of police show up at the hospitals between shift changes to salute the workers as they walk into work. The have their police car lights on and they all stand and clap as workers go by.

Regardless of the ugliness you see on the news there are some really genuinely good people out there that make me feel good about our world.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu May 14, 2020 7:06 am

Wow! I never even thought of a drone's eye view! That would have been very cool!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Thu May 14, 2020 8:39 am

Watching it was really cool, but because the National Guard gave a 10 minute time window I got the drone up about 5 minutes too early and it ran out of battery power. When I brought it down to change batteries I had it back in the air just as they flew by and missed it..... Maybe for the best. I only went up 90 feet but when they flew past it was so cool to see them go by.

The local news posted footage of the San Francisco portion recorded from their news helicopter.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler