They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Ergonomics of Working at Home

Talk about anything here.

Re: Ergonomics of Working at Home

Postby ed » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:09 pm

Those photos are amazing mom. Reflectors?

I have a terrible work from home set up - the dinning room table. The last of the kids finally moved out, and I've only been able to fix up one of the bedrooms, which is for the grandson.

I've actually been working on a couple of Covid19 studies at work. One is a contract for tracing for a state (I had to talk them out of doing a mobile app) and the other is for a specimen database.

As far as my team, about half are always remote so no change there. The ones with small children are having a tougher time.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:18 pm

Ed, very cool that you are working on a Covid data base for tracing. That seems to be the new future.

ed wrote:Those photos are amazing mom. Reflectors?

A simple set up with window light, a black board with a cheap black curtain. I did have to adjust lighten and darken in PS. These were taken in the dining room. I have a backdrop, one light parabolic umbrella set up in the basement. The set has a cheap laminate planks for a floor. I'd like to get at least 2 lights for my set.

Here is the window light set up for my husband's triptych. I had him sit on the edge of the chair. I planned on using the white board to bounce light but instead used it to block the lower half of the window. The pillow on the chair raised up the black board with black curtain panel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby ed » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:52 am

I thought you might have used a combination of black and white reflectors. Clever how you accomplished the same thing without them. I have a set of reflectors that fold up like a kids play tent. Haven't used them in years though.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:09 pm

ed wrote:I thought you might have used a combination of black and white reflectors. Clever how you accomplished the same thing without them. I have a set of reflectors that fold up like a kids play tent. Haven't used them in years though.

I have one fold up large reflector. It is like a wrestling match to fold it back up. I use it mostly outside to create shade on a subject. In the triptych photos I could have used a small white card to throw some light on the face side. The desk box had 2 large 5 foot pieces of white foam board. I saved them and will tape together as a V-flat. Not sure if they will hold up, but worth a try.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri May 01, 2020 3:49 pm

Good to hear from you Ed !!
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Water Cooler