They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Spring has Sprung..... well almost

Talk about anything here.

Spring has Sprung..... well almost

Postby sidd finch » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:36 am

I guess the saying is really true... "Time waits for no man"

Even with the loss of our main plum tree my wife had the foresight to get some plum saplings started a couple of years ago. And, true to form they have started blossoming. This is a really enjoyable event as it kick starts Spring for me. I tried to capture some of their beauty as they are flowering.

This means the bee's must be coming soon too.......

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Spring has Sprung..... well almost

Postby momoffduty » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:49 pm

Very nice Sidd! Spring arrived early your way? It can't get here soon enough. We had snow this week.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:17 am

Thank you Mom. This is a pretty early spring this year for us here. First time in 100 years that we had no rain for the entire month of February.

For this video I was using the Sony RX0 II with a 52mm macro lens which helped get a nice bokeh effect. Not having the auto focus on the camera makes shooting a little bit challenging especially for moving macro shots. But I do like the result of the footage.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby BuddyB » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:57 pm

Well we've had nothing but rain and snow during the entire month. Good grief Winter, enough is enough. Besides that the roof on half the house has leaked like a sieve. Four rooms are pitiful looking. Finally, a tarp was put on the roof just in time for a days of sunshine. But, but, but, we are blessed. That's a beautiful piece, and the Bees will be here before you know it. Much better the Bees than BuddyB :-D
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:22 am

Thanks Buddy. I hope Mother Nature is kinder in your neck of the woods and brings a great spring. And, a chance for the house to dry out too. :ha:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby BuddyB » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:44 pm

Thanks for that Sidd
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Paz_Pazzaz » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:02 pm

Beautifully filmed, as usual, Sidd. I like the soft music too.
So sorry to hear you lost your main plum tree... but you lucky men, you get to have smart wives who fix things!!! Um, do you (or does she) know what variety the old and/or new plum trees are?

I planted three plum trees last year. The largest is currently blooming, but my flowers look more like blackberry flowers. My two smaller ones have apparently barely survived. I can tell they are still alive by the feel of the stems... and one is getting a few leaves. Two of mine are Santa Rosa and the other small one is Methley. My info said Santa Rosa is good for taste and Methley is a good pollinator for Santa Rosa.

Buddy,

I know what you mean. 40 days and 40 nights! Our roof is leaking too. Mr. B has been up there applying black tar goo and it has helped, but when the rain is really heavy it still leaks. I'm afraid we will have to have a new one. Sorry to hear the same potential for you.

Mr. B suggested today that I build a bridge in a new section of the garden where I had planned on putting in two six inch pipes. I'm afraid I have to agree. So now I have to figure out how to build a bridge. ugh!

I ordered an 8 inch rain gauge yesterday. Not sure that will be big enough.

Paz
Whatever you do, don't set your coffee cup adjacent to your turps cup. :CS:
Paz_Pazzaz
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby BuddyB » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:14 am

:yh: What a life we live and put up with..we have three giant Plum trees in our yard and the leaves are beginning..Spring is about to hit us..yay!
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:35 pm

You know how I always enjoy your creations. Definitely puts me in a warm weather mood. Very nice Sidd! Plus 10 points for the choice of music. Minus 2 points for misspelling February. :)
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby BuddyB » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:36 pm

:hyst:
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:05 pm

Thanks Paz they are Santa Rosa Plums. Good to know about the Methley plums for cross pollination. I will have to check it out. I think the plum tree was actually a graft on to an apple tree because the trunk is really big. Not 100% sure but it looks like it is.

Dave I will makes sure that is corrected ASAP. can't be a bad speller forever. Good Cathc. :hyst:

Interesting that you both enjoyed the music. It is this guy I discovered on YouTube that plays Iron Maiden songs on a classical guitar. The song is called "Blood Brothers" and his name is Thomas Zwijsen. For me it is so radically different from the original, that I can enjoy the melody of the music.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler