They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Roses: Anamorphic Lens test

Talk about anything here.

Roses: Anamorphic Lens test

Postby sidd finch » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:41 pm

Spent some more time testing out the Ulanzi Anamorphic Lens on a Sony RX0 II 4k in the backyard. I thought I would capture some of the years last roses before winter sets in. Comments always appreciated.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Roses: Anamorphic Lens test

Postby momoffduty » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:06 pm

The colors with your new camera look great Sidd.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: Roses: Anamorphic Lens test

Postby sidd finch » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:49 pm

Thanks mom I am really liking this camera so far. I am so used to using a GoPro that this camera is quite a bit different in terms of using it on the go. I think I have to more deliberate in what I am trying to record. But so far I am really impressed at how nice the color is. So far the biggest drawbacks are no auto focus (only an issue if you are moving around while recording). Having the rear monitor turn off after a minute and a half (makes framing the shot a challenge). And, the poor battery life (1/2 hour max when shooting in 4k).

But as with all things new I just need to learn to adapt.

Regarding the anamorphic lens it is a pretty cool lens. I purchased it because of the cost ($59 USD) but it is designed for a smartphone so I noticed that the edges of the video are a bit soft. Almost gives a sort of bokeh effect. I would expect that the MoonDog 37mm anamorphic lens would not have the softness but at almost $200 USD it is a bit beyond my budget.

I thought flowers would be the perfect test.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler