They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

COMPUTER SPECS

Talk about anything here.

COMPUTER SPECS

Postby Bubby Grub » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi Guys,
Thoughts appreciated, at this stage I am running I7 3820 3.60ghz 16gb ram, have an opportunity
to upgrade to a 8th Gen I7 32gb ram - with a ASUSGTX1060 WITH STRIX - drives are not an issue, I am already
running SSD 500 Drive + plus my original 250 - and two other drives one which is a ironwolf 4tb seagate and another
2TB. Not sure if I will or won't, I know I can certainly go further, but cost wise this way works. Any thoughts greatly
appreciated, thanks Bubby ::C
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: COMPUTER SPECS

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:52 pm

Do you know the model number of that 8th gen i7? It would make it easier to compare its benchmark rating to your old processor.

Although I'm sure it's a pretty powerful system in any event!

BTW, what do you plan to do with your computer? That's really the most relevant question. Are you just cruising the internet or playing games or editing video? What resolution of video and video format will you be editing with which video editor? Do you plan to do After Effects or high-end motion graphics?

It's nice to have a big, powerful motor. But it's only as valuable as the work you plan to do with it.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bubby Grub » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:32 pm

Hi Steve,
No I don't know the model number, but I can find out, No I don't cruise the internet or video games,
I am way into video editing, photoshop and have been for years, and whatever may come my way in the future, as long as it
revolves around the main concept of editing. I am not sure what way I will go at the moment, but the
main thought was just to make sure if I did invest I am getting exactly what I am paying for. The reason
I ask is I live on a very small island, and there is not a lot of guys out there that I would trust, to be exact
some of the techs or so called techs here no very little. Sometimes I am not sure how they make any money,
probably relying on the ones who know very little except how to turn a computer on, and believe me I know
a few of them especially here. I just came across this guy quite by accident, but the communication
I have had with him leads me to feel a lot more optimistic, finally someone who knows what they are
talking about. Anyway thanks for the input Bubby
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Peru » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:21 am

The big question is:
Is your current computer performing OK for you?

Are you using Premiere Elements and not Premiere Pro?
What other video applications do you use?

Are you upgrading the computer or getting a new computer?
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:26 pm

A little lesson I learned when purchasing a 4k monitor. If you are using Adobe Premiere Creative suite 6.0 to edit be aware that Adobe does NOT have the option to scale the font size within the program. This means that when using the program to edit, the font is so small it is difficult to see what is what. The font scaling is only on creative cloud.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Bubby Grub » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:26 pm

Thanks Guys for the input Bubby ::C
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler