They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Task Bar

Talk about anything here.

The Task Bar

Postby Little Nac » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:34 pm

Hi Guys. I hope someone can help me. "My PC" somehow when I try to open it from the Desktop, it goes straight to the task bar.When I try to open it to get access to my drives, it just sits there and I can't open any drive. I can unpin it OK, but it still won't open. How can I get it to open? This happened to me a long time ago, but for the life of me I can't remember how I solved it. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you. L. N. :eek:
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: The Task Bar

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:50 am

You say "when I try to open it from the Desktop." What is "it" you're trying to open and what are you doing to open it?

I'm also not quite sure what you mean when you say "It goes straight to the task bar" and "It just sits there and I can't open my drive."

Sorry, Nac. I just don't understand the question.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:42 am

If you have any external drives connected, safely disconnect them and try again.
Have you tried restarting the computer?
Peru

Postby Little Nac » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:05 pm

Hi all, and thank you for the reply. No I don't have any externals connected. What is exactly happening is "My PC" is on my desktop. This used to be "Windows Explorer". When I click on it, it should open up and display all my drives (I have C, D, and E drives). Then I click on any of the drives and it will open up and I can access any files on that drive. But now for some reason, when I click on the icon on my desktop, it drops straight down to the task bar, and just sits there, and I can't access any drive. I hope I have explained it a little more clearly. Thank you for the help. Cheers, L.N.
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Little Nac » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:39 pm

Just a quick update. I didn't know what else to do, so I turned the computer to a restore point, now it is working fine. So thanks a lot for all your help. Cheers, L.N. :exc:
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Q

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Yay! Nice fix, Nac!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Water Cooler