They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Firefox

Talk about anything here.

Firefox

Postby Little Nac » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:07 pm

Hi Guys. I hope someone can help me out. I am using Firefox for my e-mails. I have been using it for a couple of years now, without a problem. My Wife also uses it and we have the same e-mail accounts on both of our computers. This means of course, what e-mails I receive so does she, and visa versa. Over the last couple of weeks, when my friend up the road sends me an e-mail with a "video" attachment, I can not read it, and it doesn't show any attachments. On the other hand, my Wife receives it great. She can send it onto me, and then I can read it. Any ideas of what can be going on? Thanks in advance. :conf: L.N.
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Firefox

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:30 pm

I'm not sure why your wife is able to receive the attachments, but I'm actually kind of surprised anyone is able to successfully send a video clip as an attachment.

Unlike, say, JPEGs, video clips are often such large files that they rarely make through the size filters on many e-mail sites.

It's much wiser to post a video online and then e-mail your friend a link to it. (You can post private videos to YouTube that only someone you give a link to or a password to can see.)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Little Nac » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:53 pm

Hi Steve, thank you for the reply. Maybe I didn't explain it correctly. They aren't actually videos as such. They are just normal e-mails and are quite small. I've never had any problems in the past playing e-mails. The e-mail downloads OK, but won't play. Maybe it's a setting in Firefox, but I have searched everywhere trying to find out the reason. Thanks again. Cheers, L.N.
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Little Nac » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:19 pm

My apologies Guys. I have been calling it Firefox, and I actually meant Thunderbird. Sorry, K.N.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:17 am

AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Little Nac » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:08 pm

Hi John. Thank you for the reply, but I checked everything and all was OK. So I decided to uninstall Thunderbird, and reinstall the previous version. Voila, it worked. So now everything is fine. Thanks a lot to all who helped. L.N. :exc:
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:37 pm

:TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Water Cooler