They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

I Suppose It Was Inevitable...

Talk about anything here.

Re: I Suppose It Was Inevitable...

Postby momoffduty » Mon May 13, 2019 8:28 pm

Vertical? No. I'm getting vertigo just thinking about it.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Sat May 25, 2019 8:55 am

Well for those that have remained stout hearted this is cause to reflect and rejoice for in the land of cyber comes good news to all:

Instagram has just announced it will support vertical video and will say goodbye to its vertical-only requirement. This may come as a shock to some because Instagram has been adamant about keeping its vertical video format. In many ways, it was what was going to keep IGTV unique.

Just waiting for CFA (control freaks annon) to issue the official proclamation.

https://www.videomaker.com/news/landsca ... w-a-thing/

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat May 25, 2019 10:57 am

We had a "graduation" from preschool in the family this past week. It wasn't a "fire up the camcorder" moment, so I didn't. However, it happens that I ended up sitting on the aisle seat and ended up taking some cellphone video for the family. I wonder what they thought when they received some HORIZONTAL video. I have to wonder if anyone noticed that for a group of kids arranged "choir style" on the stage, horizontal made much more sense. OTOH, when the graduate of honor was coming down the aisle, I did turn the phone vertically. It's a matter of using your head for what's appropriate, in this case knowing that it'll never be seen on a TV or computer monitor.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Tue May 28, 2019 10:43 am

Dave is there a crack in the foundation.... virtical video.... Whats next......Will you be purchasing an electric SUV and only speaking in Emoji's when you talk or posted as a selfie....

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue May 28, 2019 10:46 am

sidd finch wrote:Dave is there a crack in the foundation.... virtical video.... Whats next......Will you be purchasing an electric SUV and only speaking in Emoji's when you talk or posted as a selfie....

:CS: Not to worry, Sidd. It was a rare exception, not a change of policy. ;)
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Tue May 28, 2019 1:11 pm

Ahh I get it, you need to have an example to show the young ones that even you are prone to be "human" once in a while.... Good call.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed May 29, 2019 1:32 am

John 'twosheds' McDonald wrote:...I'm off to meet Dave now. In my role as Chairman of the Control Freaks Anonymous group we are tonight discussing a compulsory one week duration boot camp to "educate" people that haven't yet understood how to take video in horizontal mode. ;) :mad:

sidd finch wrote:...Just waiting for CFA (control freaks annon) to issue the official proclamation...

I'm watching you all!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Previous

Return to Water Cooler