They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sony Cyber-shot HX99 shoots 4K with a 28x zoom

Talk about anything here.

Sony Cyber-shot HX99 shoots 4K with a 28x zoom

Postby sidd finch » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:58 am

I am a huge fan of cameras that are small but pretty powerful. And, at $450.00 USD This new Sony camera looks to be a pretty cool new addition.

The latest Cyber-shot camera from Sony, the HX99, is “the world’s smallest travel camera” with the highest zoom offered for this type of travel camera.

The camera measures in at just 4×2.3×1.4 inches so it’s definitely small — positioning it to be a great travel camera. However, just because it’s small doesn’t mean it doesn’t pack some punch. This travel camera packs a 28x zoom and shoots 4K video with full pixel readout.

Inside the HX99 lies an 18.2-megapixel backside-illuminated 1/2.3-inch Exmor R CMOS sensor. The megapixel count here seems to be fairly typical of a camera in Sony’s Cyber-shot HX series. Additionally, the sensor offers an ISO range of 80-12800.

Image stabilization is offered on the HX99. The camera features Optical SteadyShot image stabilization along with Zoom Assist — a temporary zoom-out display that shows a wider area when shooting distant subjects, RAW photos, Tough Focus, Touch Shutter, Touch Pad, a customizable Control Ring, and Bluetooth connectivity.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Sony Cyber-shot HX99 shoots 4K with a 28x zoom

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:51 pm

Wouldn't you rather have that Sony HX99 than a GoPro?

I have a small Nikon S7000 with 20x Optical that works very with my smartphone gimble, except I have to mount the camera pointing in the opposite direction to the way the smartphone points. The lens on the Nikon would be blocked by the gimble hardware otherwise.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Sony Cyber-shot HX99 shoots 4K with a 28x zoom

Postby sidd finch » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:09 am

Wouldn't you rather have that Sony HX99 than a GoPro?

I think for my purposes having both would work out best. There are situations that I would be hesitant to attach the Sony camera. The GoPro is also waterproof.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler