They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Are you a creative perfectionist?

Talk about anything here.

Are you a creative perfectionist?

Postby sidd finch » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:49 am

Are you striving for perfection in you quest to create? I came across the article that gave perfectionism some unique insight.

Many makers of media are hard-wired to be detail oriented. After all, to make great media, you need to notice small details that others might not see. Some editors geek out over finding and fixing flash-frame errors and adjusting edit points with painstaking precision. This sort of hyper-attentiveness to minute details can be a good thing in one sense. By noticing fine details, editors can hone cuts to create sequences that flow flawlessly and effectively engage viewers. At an extreme, however, overly critical cutters can fall into the dangerous pit of perfectionism.

Full article: https://www.videomaker.com/viewfinder-pushing-against-perfectionism/

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Are you a creative perfectionist?

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Psychology Today refers to perfectionism as, “…a fast and enduring track to unhappiness” that is “often accompanied by depression.

My problem solved.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:14 pm

Maybe no one else would notice, but I would know it. Video editing and website creation. Aaaargh! And I'm not very good at either. :pull:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:23 am

Video editing and website creation. Aaaargh! And I'm not very good at either

That is my curse. I always go in with the highest of hopes and excitement of trying something new then afterwards the nit-pick gene kicks in and am frustrated I could not have done a better job....

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler