They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Question on frame rate

Talk about anything here.

Question on frame rate

Postby sidd finch » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:19 pm

I have some video footage that is 1080p 29.97 fps. When I try to slow the footage down it becomes choppy because it is essentially adding duplicate frames to stretch the video clip.

I am wondering if I can use the interpret footage in Premiere Pro to double the frame rate of the video the slow it down. Does this also still generate a duplicate frame to stretch out the video clip.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Question on frame rate

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:15 pm

FWIW the Time Remapping tool in Premiere Elements blends frames very nicely, and you can slow video down a lot before it starts to look choppy.

I have to assume professional tools also have some sort of frame blending time remapping tool
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:22 pm

This is a video that looked interesting to try to check out.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Have you tried Prodad's ReSpeedr? http://www.prodad.com/Slowmotion-Timelapse/ReSpeedr-V1-29772,l-us.html

There are two sub-frame modes: standard and high quality. The high-quality mode takes a long time to render. There's only so much that Respeedr can do with 29.97.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:22 am

Have you tried Prodad's ReSpeedr?

Thank you RJ. I do have After Effects but like you mentioned the render times are really long.

That got me thinking that it would be a cool idea if the Adobe Creative Cloud offered an option to upload your clip, run it through After Effects then download the clip. It would be less time then to sit and wait for something to render on your home machine.......

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:44 pm

sidd finch wrote:That got me thinking that it would be a cool idea if the Adobe Creative Cloud offered an option to upload your clip, run it through After Effects then download the clip.
Sidd

That would take a tremendous amount of bandwidth and resources.
Peru

Return to Water Cooler