They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How to transfer Ringtones from PC to Android

Talk about anything here.

How to transfer Ringtones from PC to Android

Postby Little Nac » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:42 am

Hi Guys. I have just put my sim and SD Card into a new phone, and they seemed to be jammed. The phone is working fine, but I forgot to copy my Ringtones and Notifications to the SD Card before inserting it. Without taking out the cards, is there any way I can get them off the PC and into the Phone? Thanks for any help. K.N. :conf:
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: How to transfer Ringtones from PC to Android

Postby Bob » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:45 am

Yes, there are a number of ways to do that. Android phones can generally be connected to the pc via the usb cable that came with the phone and the files can then be transferred. How you do it can vary by phone, which phone are you using?
Bob

Postby Little Nac » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:20 pm

Thanks Bob. Yes I am aware of this method, unfortunately this phone doesn't support it. I managed to get the SD Card out, and checked it on the Computer, and everything on it is correct. Now I can't get the SD Card back in, so will just persevere with it. Thanks anyway for the help. :-D
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:10 pm

ringtones generally, as far as I have seen, need to be placed in a specific folder on the phone, not the SD card. Most phones are very picky about the format and size of the files as well.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Water Cooler