They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Adobe organizer module

Talk about anything here.

Adobe organizer module

Postby AVITRY » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:27 pm

I'm curious, can the newer verisions of the organizer be set to open earlier versions of PE or photoshop elements?
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Adobe organizer module

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:36 pm

Yes and no.

I have the 15 Organizer version and Premiere Elements 11 to try out some things.

In the Organizer, go to Edit > Preferences > Editing...
Select the program you want as a supplemental editor.

After finishing that, go to the Edit menu and you'll see an additional item to edit with the supplemental editor, such as "Edit with Adobe Premiere Elements." There will actually be two items to Edit with Adobe Premiere Elements, one for Premiere Elements 15 and one for the supplemental editor. The supplemental editor menu item will probably be below the default editor menu items.

Select the supplemental editor menu item. If Premiere Elements 11 is the supplemental editor you have chosen, then this will open Premiere Elements 11, BUT photos you've selected in Organizer 15 will not get passed to Pre11. I don't know why not. Anyway, you are explicitly prevented from passing videos from the Organizer to the supplemental editor. You can only pass Photos to the supplemental editor. I don't know what happens with earlier versions of Photoshop Elements, possibly photos get passed. I tried using Internet Explorer as a supplemental editor and passed a few photos I selected. Internet Explorer opened up a Window for each photo. The photos were displayed, the windows weren't just empty.

But, you can drag and drop both videos and photos from the Organizer to the Premiere Elements 11 timeline. It's a little tricky. If you start dragging too fast, the Organizer thinks you are trying to select multiple items. You have to start dragging slowly, after which you should see a "do not enter" or "cannot drop here" sign next the mousepointer. Then you can drag and drop on the Premiere Elements timeline. If PE is buried under other windows, you can drag to the PE program icon on the taskbar and wait for PE to open on top, then continue dragging and dropping on the PE timeline.

If you are trying to use one of the Create options, then the Elements 15 version is automatically used. I didn't see a way to use the supplemental editor with those Create options.

That's all I think I know about that.

Steve or someone else can confirm or knows a different way.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby AVITRY » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:44 pm

Thanks for the reply Robert! I see what you mean. Not worth the trouble I think.

I've been playing with little things that I'd like to have available to make the program perfect for me.

On an aside mention, I've always disliked the fact that I couldn't access the taskbar once PE was opened, it just wouldn't come up over the program interface the way other programs allow when I put my mouse to the bottom of the screen. But ... I lucked into being able to do it by putting my mouse at the bottom of the screen in PE 11. I get a double arrow, and I can lift up the PE program screen by an eighth of an inch somehow and then when I return the mouse to the bottom of the screen I can access the taskbar.

Now I see an option to reset windows, but not one to save and name the workspace. No biggie, but I have to drag the screen up a tad each time I start a new project. Little things. Still, after playing with Movie Studio, I really like PE better.
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:28 am

If you click the Maximize button in the upper right of the Premiere Elements program interface, the program will completely fill your screen -- and the complete program will be available to you. No need to drag off-screen elements onscreen.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby AVITRY » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:16 am

Steve, I like to access windows explorer, and /or notepad once in a while for various things, especially notes relative to certain events on the timeline, , and I keep a shortcut icon for both of them in my taskbar.

Unlike many programs that have three buttons in the top right, minimize, maximize, and an icon for a "windowed"view... PE only has 2 choices, maximize and minimize. I was minimizing PE if I ever wanted access to the taskbar while the program was open.

Typically, programs allow the hidden taskbar to come up over the top of the program screen. Not so with PE. So, because there is no button available to go to a "windowed" view, where you could get to the taskbar, I relented that this was simply not an option.

Then, by accident, my mouse cursor went to the bottom of the screen and I noticed the cursor changed to a double sided cursor. I held the left button down and dragged the program window up... perhaps less than an 1/8th inch, less than noticeable by eye, and low and behold... the taskbar was now available and came up over the PE program screen while PE was in full screen mode. PE happily stays this was until I leave the program, but without a saved setting option for layout, I just have to tickle the bottom of my screen each time I open the program.

Now, as I'm writing this, a thought came to mind, wonder if screen resolution prevents the taskbar from coming up over the program screen :conf: maybe others CAN get the taskbar to open based on their resolution settings... hmmp?
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Water Cooler