They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Anyone heard of bandicam?

Talk about anything here.

Anyone heard of bandicam?

Postby videovillageidiot » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:27 pm

It is a screen capture program - with a free version (that displays a Bandicam banner across the top) and a paid version. I'm not familiar with any of these screen capture programs, though I've heard of camtasia (costly) and also camstudio (i've heard that's buggy and i think once i heard potentially "virus-y").

My needs at this point are very simple. I'll be honest - I'm seriously hooked on the brown bear webcams in Katmai Nat'l Park and would love to catch some of the fascinating bear behavior and probably set it to music just for fun. Already on the explore.org/bears site there are a number of bear fans who do this and their videos are touching, informative, scary and funny (sometimes all at once!). For my purposes, a banner at the top is not a big deal.

Has anyone heard of this software ? Here is their website... https://www.bandicam.com/

THANKS! I've been meaning to ask all summer and now it's already September - fortunately the bears hang out at Katmai 'til at least October, though the adorable little cubbies will be less tiny cute - though now they're getting to be plump cute, which is also adorable.
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone heard of bandicam?

Postby Peru » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:15 pm

This might have a trial version:
http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm
Peru

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:27 am

Simple, easy and not too expensive capture program: Techsmith Snag It

http://discover.techsmith.com/try-snagi ... gQodiCoE9A

A free trial and then to purchase is only $50 USD and worth every penny IMO :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby videovillageidiot » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:15 pm

Thanks guys! I have wanted to get back to thank you sooner but lots of stuff going on - including many days with a headache...yuck...

I went with the Bandicam free version. So far so good. i captured some of the streaming Katmai webcams (just cannot get enough of those bears - you learn so much about the animal world just through observation, and the Alaskan mountain scenery is beautiful as well!!) I brought a clip into PRE and by just scaling up a bit I got rid of the Bandicam banner at the top...haha.

Thanks again for weighing in!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Water Cooler