They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Download music

Talk about anything here.

Download music

Postby Richardmotsch » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:13 pm

What is the best way to download music from youtube.com into My Documents or Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 project?
Richardmotsch

Re: Download music

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:13 am

This is tricky, Richard, because technically you're not supposed to do that. In fact, Google, who owns YouTube and Chrome, won't even provide means to do it.

That said, the FireFox web browser has access to YouTube downloaders that are capable of downloading music and/or video from YouTube. They're definitely in that gray area of music license infringement, but there are ways to do it.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Richardmotsch » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:36 am

Steve can you tell me how to down load the music?
Richardmotsch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:48 am

Install Firefox. Click on the menu in the upper right corner and select Add Ons. On the page that opens, scroll to the bottom and select See More Add Ons.

The page that this opens will have a search box in the upper right. Type in YouTube Downloader and a variety of choices will appear. Select YouTube MP3 Downloader. Once you've selected it, click the Add to Firefox button. Then you'll need to restart Firefox.

When you next go to YouTube, a red Download MP3 button will appear below the player window. Click the red button to download the music.

Note that when you do this, it will open a page that shows you the convert-to-MP3 process, and the page will include ads for some pretty racy stuff, including lonely housewives looking for love. That's unfortunately the cost of using this type of software. I don't see that it loads any malware on your computer, but the process is still a bit ugly -- though the audio on the downloaded file should be very good.

Maybe someone with more experience ripping music from YouTube will know of software that does the job without this liability. Though, as I said, this is kind of the gray area of licensing, so it can be a bit sketchy.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:54 am

most definitely a grey area.

Things to be aware of. Many downloaders are also ad servers that send you a lot of pop-up adds when surfing. Also because of the nature of the software, YouTube vs the downloaders is always a moving target. As YouTube changes the downloaders need to keep updating so that they still work... Again very grey.

You are really at the mercy of how agressive the copyright owner is. To do it free and clear use the Youtube Free music. If you choose to download, CNET has a variety to choose from.

The easiest way is to just import the downloaded clip and select "unlink" in Premiere. Then delete the video track and you now have the audio track. No need for any ripping software.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:20 am

We have tutorials on recording with Audacity, if you only want the audio and have the time. This is also a grey area as previously posted...

http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... 2&btn.y=10
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Water Cooler