They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Happy Thanksgiving!

Talk about anything here.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Postby sidd finch » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:08 am

I searched for the oldest Thanksgiving post I could find circa 2007.

The greeting continues for those that celebrate..... A most Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:11 pm

sidd finch wrote:…The greeting continues for those that celebrate..... A most Happy Thanksgiving to all.

And to you and the whole Muvipix family! Happy Happy Happy
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:41 am

Was a little late in posting this. Must have eaten too much Turkey and passed out. I hope everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving had an enjoyable Holiday. I am sure every one is up early to do their black Friday shopping........ :hyst:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:46 am

Another year goes by in this topic. I also hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. NOW we can start thinking about Christmas! :)
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:01 pm

Ahh! Christmas. So glad that you didn't refer to it as "the holidays".

(I think it must be a UK thing.)
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby sidd finch » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:41 am

So glad that you didn't refer to it as "the holidays".

Hand raised here. We get a lot of "Seasons Greetings" here which always strikes me as odd. The season is Christmas and if you do or don't celebrate it is ok by me.

:mad:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby sidd finch » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:12 pm

Today also marks the start of the official Hard Drive season. On of the downsides to digital storage is that you need a place to store it after the SD gets full. And this year being no exception it's time to add to the pack. Of course I could just delete the storage but for some reason I am cursed to get rid of any video recorded. This year I had to also expand and get a USB hub. Instead of plugging and unplugging drives. It has individual power switches....

HoHoHo may all your dreams be in USB 3.0 :hyst:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby sidd finch » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:02 pm

Another year another Happy Thanksgiving.

To all who celebrate the holiday I hope the day is filled with good food, good family, and a thankful heart. I leave you with Abraham Lincoln's Oct 1863 Thanksgiving speech.

Washington, D.C.
October 3, 1863

By the President of the United States of America.

A Proclamation.

The year that is drawing towards its close, has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come, others have been added, which are of so extraordinary a nature, that they cannot fail to penetrate and soften even the heart which is habitually insensible to the ever watchful providence of Almighty God. In the midst of a civil war of unequalled magnitude and severity, which has sometimes seemed to foreign States to invite and to provoke their aggression, peace has been preserved with all nations, order has been maintained, the laws have been respected and obeyed, and harmony has prevailed everywhere except in the theatre of military conflict; while that theatre has been greatly contracted by the advancing armies and navies of the Union. Needful diversions of wealth and of strength from the fields of peaceful industry to the national defence, have not arrested the plough, the shuttle or the ship; the axe has enlarged the borders of our settlements, and the mines, as well of iron and coal as of the precious metals, have yielded even more abundantly than heretofore. Population has steadily increased, notwithstanding the waste that has been made in the camp, the siege and the battle-field; and the country, rejoicing in the consciousness of augmented strength and vigor, is permitted to expect continuance of years with large increase of freedom. No human counsel hath devised nor hath any mortal hand worked out these great things. They are the gracious gifts of the Most High God, who, while dealing with us in anger for our sins, hath nevertheless remembered mercy. It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently and gratefully acknowledged as with one heart and one voice by the whole American People. I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens. And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to His tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty Hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquility and Union.

In testimony whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Seal of the United States to be affixed.

Done at the City of Washington, this Third day of October, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and of the Independence of the United States the Eighty-eighth.

By the President: Abraham Lincoln

Sidd
sidd finch

Previous

Return to Water Cooler