They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Microsoft Hyperlapse Pro

Talk about anything here.

Microsoft Hyperlapse Pro

Postby sidd finch » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:01 pm

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/ ... lapseapps/

Microsoft Hyperlapse is a new technology that creates smooth and stabilized time lapses from first-person videos. Want to show your friends what you saw on that 12-mile hike you took last weekend or let them experience how it felt to fly down the mountain on your recent ski trip? With Microsoft Hyperlapse, you can time lapse those experiences, distilling them into easily consumable, enjoyable experiences.

$49.95 USD

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS-ddvNGD-g[/youtube]

I think I will check it out.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Microsoft Hyperlapse Pro

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:21 am

Is it really just a $50 tool for speeding up your video? What am I missing, Sidd?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:28 am

It is a tool to speed up video to make it look like a hyper-lapse video, but it also includes a warp-stabilizer like effect to dramatically reduce the shakes. Here is a comparison to the warp stabilizer effect in premiere.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpyWvS71QSE[/youtube]

To me it looks like a tool that you would use for long driving or bike riding videos to make them look smooth and look like you were taking time lapse shots. FYI it only outputs in 4k with windows 10. All others 1080p is the best setting.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Kent Frost » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:10 pm

I guess I would need to see someone use it for something other than drivelapses. The stabilization comparison is cool though. Seems to smooth it out really well. Just feels like someone needs to test it on footage of the camera orbiting around something, rather than dollying AT something.
Dell Studio XPS 8100, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 64-Bit Win7. Camera gear: 2x Canon 550D's, 1x Canon EOS 6D body, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 & 17-50mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 & 24-70mm f/2.8L, and two 420EX flashes.
Kent Frost

Return to Water Cooler