They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Transfer Contacts in Android

Talk about anything here.

Transfer Contacts in Android

Postby Little Nac » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:31 pm

Hi Guys.
Just a quick question please. I have just bought us a couple of new phones. We now have six phones that we keep up to date. Our normal ones we use every day, plus an older one we keep in our handbag/briefcase as a back-up plus another one in the glove box of our cars in case we don't have our cases with us. I have been through all our contacts and updated them to the latest, but I don't want to have to do it with 6 phones. Does anyone know of a simple program we can use just to copy our contacts, pics etc. I have been looking on the Internet and they all seem ridiculously expensive. Because of the time difference I will keep on looking this afternoon, but I don't hold much hope.
Thank you,
Kefford :conf:
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Transfer Contacts in Android

Postby Kent Frost » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:53 pm

What brand phones do you use? For example, I know that Samsung has an "iTunes-like" software called "Kies" (as in "keys") where you can sync your contacts from your phone, then easily sync them to other phones when you connect them to the computer.
Dell Studio XPS 8100, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 64-Bit Win7. Camera gear: 2x Canon 550D's, 1x Canon EOS 6D body, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 & 17-50mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 & 24-70mm f/2.8L, and two 420EX flashes.
Kent Frost

Re: Transfer Contacts in Android

Postby Little Nac » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:24 am

Hi Kent. Thanks for the reply. We have two ThL and two VKWorld smart phones and two of the old flip Samsung phones. The former four are Chinese and we wouldn't have any other phones now but ThL. I know everyone says that's the problem they are Chinese. The funny thing is there has never been a problem. Especially at a quarter the price and with more bang that the "big ones". But looking back on the small Samsungs, and remembering what I used to do those days, I tried it out and it worked like a dream. Since I had one phone exactly the way I wanted it, I copied all the files to my SD Card, then into each machine to the contacts. All done in a few minutes and now working great.
Thanks again Kent.
Cheers for now,
Kefford N. :exc:
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler