They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Great photography e-books for cheap

Talk about anything here.

Great photography e-books for cheap

Postby Ron Hunter » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:28 pm

I've recently become a fan of Tony Northrup because of the great YouTube photography videos he and his wife produces. I discovered that he and his wife offer a set of 3 photography e-books for $19.99; "Stunning Digital Photography", "Lightroom CC Training for Photographers", and "Photography Buying Guide". Each e-book comes with many hours of video tutorials, and the "SDP" purchase allows you to enter a Facebook group where you can submit photos for critiques. The FB group has been very instructive, receiving critiques on my own photos and offering my thoughts on the photos of others. The group is solely focused on people who want to improve their photography and includes beginners and experts alike.

I'm not a "paid spokesman" but I have really enjoyed these e-books. I'm going through SDP now and have learned a great deal. The buying guide is super helpful, answering questions like "What equipment do I need for macro photography?", and "What equipment do I need for video?" It even addresses the different formats such as mirrorless/DSLR, full frame, APS-C, micro four-thirds, etc. I have no doubt the Lightroom CC book will be equally helpful.

If you are looking to improve your photography, I highly recommend these e-books. I don't think you will be disappointed.
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Great photography e-books for cheap

Postby _Paz_ » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Thanks for the information, Ron.
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:32 pm

:TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:29 pm

Ron this is a pretty cool find. I am going to check out their youtube videos. Thank you

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler