They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Q for Francesco re: out of focus footage

Talk about anything here.

Q for Francesco re: out of focus footage

Postby _Paz_ » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:41 am

Francesco,

I often remember a video you posted of Sardinia that had segments of out of focus subject matter. A man walking down a street, dancers with shimmering veils. The effect is so beautiful.

Do you film it that way or take the footage out of focus via software?
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Q for Francesco re: out of focus footage

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:14 am

Patrice, sometimes i start shooting covering the lens with my hand so that the handycam focuses slowly on the subject, sometimes I use the manual focus (MF) tool to change the focus, some other times I rely on the software to fade out the subject or the entire view.

If you refer to the video "Alone", visual comment to E. A. Poe's poem, I have faded out with the software, as well an in "A dream", the dancing girls in red gowns that appear and disappear in front of the cliffs.
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:46 pm

hand

Ah! Aren't the most simple ideas sometimes the best!

I'll have to look for these videos. I think the video I've been thinking of over and over uses a song named "Shame".

Sorry to take so long to reply. I've had a series of migraines and am just getting to the point where I can think without pain again.
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:56 am

Patrice,

it is my first showreel :hid: :

All of the sequences come from previous videos, but I remember that I shot the man (me :mrgreen: ) walking down the street with manual focus (defocused) on the videocam,
the girls dancing in white gowns have been defocused :offtheair: in postproduction.

I am very very sorry for your headaches,
unfortunately I can't be helpful but providing a beautiful song ... God grants it might work ...
(honest, I believe that it is our own system that takes care of us).
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:40 am

Francesco you have some very clever ideas that work well. I easiest ones a lot of times turn out to be the best ones. Keep up the great work. You bring the Italian island to life. :)

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:58 am

Sidd, your words, your precise words "bring the Italian island to life" have moved me deeper that one could imagine: bringing Sardinia (la 'Baronia di Siniscola' in particular) to life is my ambition since I came back from Parma.
"The Italian island": yes, contributing to Sardinia's image with faster views (as in Northen Italy's way of life, compared to our), with an external - but no foreign - eye, out of the canons of Sardinian settled citizens... well, it was and is actually my dream.
My best compliments for grasping my aims and synthesizing in such a proper way, I'm impressed :-8 !
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:04 am

me :mrgreen:

I guessed that was you the first (of many) times I watched and - YES - This is the one I love so much. It is so beautiful.

Sardinia and Corsica are neighbors. How do they compare?
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:48 pm

Patrice, Sardinians and Corsicans are very different people: politically we are Italian and they are French, but we are more Italian than they are French :-D .

Corsicans are more homogeneous, there are a lot of Sardinias instead: my grandfather (my mum's dad, from Northern Sardinia) and my grandmother (from Cagliari, the region capital, in the South) used to speak Italian because they couldn't understand each other in their own dialect.

Corsica has higher mountains, but our territory is more various, roads are better in Sardinia.

We exchange a little, perhaps tourism is better organized there, they pay better attention to the travelers in the details.
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:51 am

Italian and French. Oh yeah! A small difference, eh? :fg: I honestly hadn't thought of that!

A few years back the Tour de France began in Corsica. Mr. B generally watches the entire race on TV. He calls me in when the scenery is particularly nice - and when the riders went through Corsica I watched it all. Stunningly beautiful. The cliffs, the color of the sea, winding roads with fabulous views, all gorgeous.

I've wondered, since islands near one another in the Caribbean can be quite different from neighbors in terms of climate and terrain, one perhaps harboring a rain forest and the next being more like a desert island, if Corsica and Sardinia were more alike or very different.
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:40 am

Patrice, I am convinced that Corsica is greener: maybe Sardinia used to be richer in bushes and trees, but Mediterranean species grow slow, and very often fire destroys large green zones, unfortunately.

Sardinia has a long coasts development (1.800 km.), it is believed that our island contributes to the national for 30%, but Corsica is huge too (1.300 km.).

Despite the insularity, Sardinian culture is definitely rural, nearly no Sardinians could swim or fish, we have learned cooking sea products from other (little) Mediterranean communities.
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:10 am

It sounds as if Sardinia would be more like southern California. I have been fortunate to have been able to visit SoCal for extended periods several times and - except for drought, earthquakes, hill slides and cost of living - would love to live there. San Clemente is a beautiful place with cliffs overlooking the Pacific which is a deep blue, more like the Mediterranean than the greenish turquoise Gulf of Mexico. I'd like to live in Destin on the Gulf. In San Clemente in California! Ah well, dream on!

signed,

stuck in the middle of Alabama! :fg:
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:28 pm

Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:51 pm

A windy day at the beach! What could be better?

"My" beach on a windy day:

A shame it is 175 miles away. Wish I was there today. :)

_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:39 am

WOW That's Awesome !!
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:53 am

Chuck Engels wrote:WOW That's Awesome !!

I surely agree. I meant to say something when I first saw this photo and it got by me. Truly beautiful Patrice! ::CLAP:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Next

Return to Water Cooler