They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Seriously folks...what is spam?

Talk about anything here.

Postby theOZer » Tue May 05, 2015 3:54 pm

I went and bought one of those Flow Hives beehives and then, consequently, just joined their forum, posted a couple of bee videos, and within minutes, I mean MINUTES, both bee videos were blocked and labeled as spam.

I post my hobbyist level videos on Facebook and YouTube...no problem. So where am I missing where somehow my videos become spam on some web sites, mostly forums. I am confused to say the least.

Within my videos are not advertisements, nor copyrighted material, nor am I promoting some 'righteous cause,' nor pleas for money, or scam BS or...what?!!? Hmm.

theOZer
120V 4-slot toaster running Windows 11 Home Edition
theOZer

Re: Seriously folks...what is spam?

Postby Bob » Tue May 05, 2015 4:25 pm

Don't take it personally. They are probably just being cautious. It may even be an automated rejection. Check the forum and see if there is a posting regarding their policy for posting videos. If you don't see a policy statement , message one of the moderators and ask.

We're also very aggressive towards spam in this forum.
Bob

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed May 06, 2015 7:27 am

Just a wild guess -- but I wonder if it might have something to do with your logon name.

It's possible that someone name OZ or Ozer is on some spam list and that that's triggering some spam filter. (I found at least one on a Google search.)

Try creating another logon with a simple, benign name like VideoBeeGuy or BeeGuy or something and repost the videos with it.

It's a long shot to be sure, but if you've got the time it might be worth experimenting.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Wed May 06, 2015 8:29 pm

I think Bob & Steve are on the right track why you were marked as spam. Some forums don't allow embeds of video or photos until you have X amount of posts to curtail the Spam. A photography forum I read has the same policies. Check with the Bee's forum Admin. and sure it was just a misunderstanding.

A few years ago I invited a motion grapher to the forum that makes little 1 minute how to's. He posted here and was quickly marked as spam because of his user name and posting a video right away. Muvipix apologized to the guy and he posted here again. Just a misunderstanding. It happens.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Water Cooler