They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

ProDad Sale and Order ? on using stand alone software

Talk about anything here.

ProDad Sale and Order ? on using stand alone software

Postby _Paz_ » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:36 pm

ProDad is having an Easter Sale:

http://www.prodad.com/home/support/nabspecial15,l-us.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=proDAD&utm_content=March+2015+eNews_ENGLISH_B

I'm trying the demo of their Re-Speedr.

I took a file into Re-Speedr then tried to upload to YouTube. I got a message that my file would work better if it had gone through an editing program to make it the right kind of file. I'm guessing either Premiere Elements, Premiere Pro, or some other video editing program would make the right kind of file.

So - what order should things be done in?
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: ProDad Sale and Order ? on using stand alone software

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:15 am

What was the extension of the file that ProDad produced?
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:25 pm

MP4 video, I think. That's what I see when I hover my cursor over the file as it was saved to my desktop.

(How did you feel the new ( I added another) microphone sounded compared to the others on the Worst Shotgun Shootout?)
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:44 pm

Did you follow the steps outlined here?:

http://www.prodad.com/go/prodad/_ws/med ... 20ReSpeedr

It shows how to export your file into a video file. MP4 or Mov. It look like you did that as you ended up with a mp4 file.

Can you play that file on your computer?
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:06 pm

Yes, I can play it. It opens in Windows Media Player and it looks great. Then I tried to upload it to YouTube directly from the file on my desktop and it was going to take hours to upload. The file is one minute, forty six seconds long.

That made me wonder if I should have taken the file into a video editor, let it process the file for upload to YouTube and then upload to YouTube. And I wondered if I should make corrections in ReSpeedr first, then put the segment back into my video or edit the entire video, cut out the speed change segment, take it through ReSpeedr, then put it back into my video, then take it to YouTube.

Can an MP4 file be inserted back into either Premiere Elements or Premiere Pro?

No doubt I'm making this harder than it has to be! But if it was a plug in it would be easy to do everything all together. I just don't know if the order of things matters.

Also, I would really like your opinion on my audio recording, here, added in the last post in the thread. I see subtle differences in colors better than a lot of people, but I don't have a good ear. in fact, (I've been told) I sing off key! I can't tell if the microphone I bought is any good or not.

http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13749
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Water Cooler