They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

blu ray rw discs

Talk about anything here.

blu ray rw discs

Postby Bubby Grub » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi Guys,
I am looking for a little advice if I can. I am looking for Verbatim Blu-ray RW Discs.
Unfortunately I have checked out x amount of shops here in Aus, and they don't even
carry verbatim blu-ray rw discs, even difficult to get Verbatim blu-ray discs or any
blu-ray discs period.
So I am looking at buying on-line, can you please advise me what quality I should be
looking at. One shop here told me they could probably get me some verbatim rw discs
in but they are only capable of writing over them 5 times. Is that all they are capable of
or what do I look for, for the best outcome. One place I can buy a pack of 10 blu-ray discs
is ok, but I want to do a test run first on a blu-ray rw. Any help greatly appreciated.
Bubby Grub :)
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: blu ray rw discs

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:55 am

I buy all of my optical media on-line but as the suppliers are in the UK...don't really know if it will be economical for you to have the media shipped to Oz. Just in case here are a couple of the suppliers that I use:-

https://www.svp.co.uk/
http://www.totalblankmedia.com/index.php

A Verbatim BD-RE came with my BD burner and I have used that more than five times I am certain.

I still don't produce a large number of BD DVDs as most people that I know haven't bought BD players, sticking with standard DVD.

IMHO BD has missed the boat as it seems that most people now appear to be moving toward streaming HD content or holding it electronically on (for example) external HDDs/USB thumb drives or similar devices that can be attached directly to their HD TVs.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby vkmast » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:33 am

Would uncle Google and shopbot.com.au (Search BD-RE) help?
vkmast

Postby Bubby Grub » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Hi thanks John, you probably answered my main question, how many times can the
rw be used, I have googled and found many different answers re the amount of times
they can used. Yes I do agree that most people are using externals etc. and attaching to
their TV. I was asked by a friend to do some various blu-rays for him so hence my
enquiry. Mostly everything I do is to a standard DVD. Thanks again Bubby
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler