They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Choosing a music piece

Talk about anything here.

Choosing a music piece

Postby Matthew Max » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:40 am

I think I'm going to make a short video to use in getting the word out on my latest short book. Which of Ron's music clips should I use? Here's a modified description of the book.

Before You Kill Yourself: A True Story about the UnDying Mess Suicide Leaves Behind, is now available on Amazon and other book distributors in paperback and digital versions. 45 pages. It's horrific and highly interesting, and it will save lives.

Suicide victims dump the very problems they want to escape on their survivors. This quick read is your inside view to one man’s justification for killing himself. Chapter by chapter, his pain is compared to the pain and chaos his decision caused. The subtitle points to the longevity and severity of the problems, which include a ruined self-image, crippling guilt, fatigue, depression, no desire to work.
-------------------

Thanks.
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Choosing a music piece

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:27 am

What mood are you trying to establish with the music, Max?

It sounds like a very dark, painful read. Is that the kind of music you're looking for for your promo?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Matthew Max » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:30 am

Steve, the mood is one of high interest in a terrible story progressing to the unthinkable, and showing that the casualties include the survivors, and then the survivors shoulder the burden of making life rise from the ashes. Those of us who know lots of "self-killers" would want to see life rising from the ashes.
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:39 am

I think you're the only one who can decide which music will best promote your book, Max.

Or, if you can describe a popular song that captures the mood, we may be able to recommend a Muvipix music clip with a similar tone.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Briantho » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:54 am

If you're looking for what in my opinion is the ultimate music encapsulating pain and sacrifice then I would recommend either the opening chorus or, perhaps better, the final chorus in Bach's Saint Matthew Passion. If you're unfamiliar with this incredible work (performed globally at this time of year in all sorts of languages) then look it up on Youtube. I've no idea about what royalties might be involved but certainly none would now be owed to the composer...
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:22 pm

You might see if you have a film you have watched that captures the feeling you want to express in your creation. then look for something similar.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:05 am

When choosing music I play a few clips in the timeline at the same time I am playing music on the net. This helps me to narrow down my selections before downloading/paying.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby BuddyB » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:48 pm

Matthew, I have first hand experience in this area. It happened a lot of years ago. My cousin, more like a brother, chose to go on; and as long ago as it was it periodically pains me deeply and makes me weep. I miss him!

Having said that this is my thought: I'm not sure you'll find everything in one piece of music you need for all the emotions you'd like to bring out. Think of movies, and what emotions are affected in different sections of the film. This may require a bit of work and time to get what you want. If the moods are enhanced in a movie from out-and-out whaling tragedy to the grief that never goes away, and maybe at some point a certain warmth that comes from loving memory that finally assists in partial closure; and this is what you seek and you'll probably not find the feelings all in one piece of music. The work will come from mixing in your music program, the fade-in/out and volume control. Or maybe your video editor will allow that much control. Listen to a lot of music, and different sections of it. If I'm looking for a certain feeling I lean toward movie sound tracks for starters then drift. There are some great beds out there, good hunting.

Your book sounds wonderful, we wish you much success.
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Matthew Max » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Thanks, BuddyB. I think you're right. And I'm not in a hurry, so your ideas will get plenty of my attention. I will consider the other people's ideas, too.

For anyone interested, here's the link to my latest short book:
Before You Kill Yourself: A True Story about the UnDying Mess Suicide Leaves Behind by Max T Russell http://amzn.com/B00JRFPNMY
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler