They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Pricing Guidelines?

Talk about anything here.

Re: Pricing Guidelines?

Postby flyrobynfly » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:28 pm

Thanks Clayton. I'm probably not putting this is the right thread, its only cuz I was asked, but I posted one item in the gallery.
"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." – Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
flyrobynfly

Postby Clayton » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:58 pm

Very good Robyn. You might want to post a link to it in the showcase section and probably get more views and comments. If you don't know how, someone will be along to tell you. :-D
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ridon127 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:30 pm

Good advice Robyn. I have done some research on the web and have found different prices. I just want to know if anyone thinks that what I am offering is a good price?
Thanks
Donna
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:36 am

Donna, that is great that you are offering the service as an item to raise funds for a non-prof. If you are hoping to get some business, you may want to lower the price. That way if someone does not get the bid they may want to hire you and the lower price will attract business. Seems word of mouth is the best marketing when starting out. Maybe even offer a lower price in trade for using their video as a demo. Not in the biz, so may be way off here.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby ridon127 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:31 pm

Thanks Cheryl. At this point, I don't know that I want alot of business. I just want to do this for the school. As far as the price, $300 is nothing to this group. I make a Moses basket every year which I would normally sell for about $75 and it usually sells for about $300. So price for them isn't a issue. I just want to make sure that what I am offering is a fair price for the services. Do I make any sense? Sometimes my brain and brain cells work on 2 different wave lengths...LOL and it has been a long week...
Thanks
Donna
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:48 pm

ridon127 wrote:I have just about decided to do a video for a silent auction we are going to have to benefit where I work. I was thinking that I would offer a slideshow of up to 150 pictures, 2-3 songs, transitions, a few motion backgrounds and some special effects. It has to be priced at fair market value, so do you think about $300 would a fair price? The bidding usually starts about half of fair market value. If you have a better option, I am open to suggestions.
Thank you for your help
Donna

That will end up to be about 15 - 20 minutes long, the completed video is worth $150 - $200, then there is the time scanning if you need to do that.
I think $300 is a fair price for a 20 minute slideshow if you have to do all of the work including; scanning, cropping, and fixing the images. If you only have to put it all together, and they give you digital image files to start with, then I think $200 would be fine. It shouldn't be too much work either if you just have to add the images, music and transitions. If you are going to add a bunch of titles or other effects (like the snapshot effect or the 3D Photo effect) then you need to charge more. Just my thoughts and what I might value my work at in a similar situation.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ridon127 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:10 pm

Thanks Chuck. The bidding normally starts at 1/2 of the fair market value. This is for a silent auction at my school. We have it at a really nice hardware store in Houston. This place has everything you could imagine. There is plumbing supplies to the finest china and very expensive children's wear. I can't afford to shop there for anything other than nuts and bolts..LOL. It is the one time a year we all trade our jeans and tennis shoes for an after 5 dress. It is really alot of fun. Some of the Texans, Astros, and Rockets donate memoribilia. I have met Dr. Denton Cooley and Dr. DeBakey there.

There is always alot of photography offered and I thought a video would be different and bring in a little for the school. We operate solely on donations and if you have a talent, they aren't shy in asking you to donate whatever you can do..

Thanks for your help. As always, the advice and help are greatly appreciated.
Donna
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Clayton » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:11 am

Donna, where exactly is this auction held? :?:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ridon127 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:27 pm

It is at Berings Hardware in Houston. We have a really great time and get to hang with Houston's finest for about 3 hours..
Donna
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Cinde » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:53 pm

Donna, how did the auction go?

I'd love to find an event in my area that is similar to the event you have described. The veterans group I work with works solely on donations and fund raisers. Maybe I'll be the one to start one, if so you can expect me to PM you with loads of questions.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ridon127 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:04 am

Cinde,

I think it did fairly well. The bidding seemed to be lower this year and there didn't seem like there was as many people as in the past. As for the video, the bidding started at $150 and I believe the final bid was $225. I also make a Moses basket for a doll and it only went for $120 this year. It normally goes for $200-250. There was alot of really great sports stuff from Craig Biggio and some of the other Houston teams. I don't know who won the bid but I am very nervous about this. This is the socialites from Houston. They didn't hire a professional photographer this year but the society paper said they would take mine this year. So that is exciting.
Just pm me with any questions. I will be glad to help.
Donna
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to Water Cooler