They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

New Low Price for Nokia Lumia 1020 on Amazon

Talk about anything here.

New Low Price for Nokia Lumia 1020 on Amazon

Postby George Tyndall » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:28 am

A pocket-size $700 smartphone that makes awesome stills and videos is now available on Amazon for $149 (plus tax) with 2-year ATT contract, in 3 colors.

There are a number of manual controls for the stills, and it performs very well in low-light conditions without the built-in flash.

Nokia lumia 1020.JPG

The $7 TUDIA case fits perfectly.

TUDIA.JPG

Me: "I have data always off, so why does ATT force me to buy a minimum data plan?

ATT Chat: "Because it's a smartphone."

Me: "But I bought it for the pocket-size camera, not because it's a smartphone. I use it only to call and take pics and videos, and I never download any data. That's $20/month wasted."

ATT Chat: "I agree that you should not need to pay for something that you do not use."

Me: "So can you remove the monthly data charge from my plan>"

ATT Chat: "No."

Me: "Why not?"

ATT Chat: "Because it's a smartphone."

:conf:

Question for Steve: If ever I wish to edit the mp4 videos, which version of PRE would you advise? Can I do that with my PRE7? Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: New Low Price for Nokia Lumia 1020 on Amazon

Postby George Tyndall » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:46 am

Note from this image taken from a portion of the 32GB memory card that, when the the Nokia Pro Cam rather than the Windows Standard Camera is activated, two JPEG images are simultaneoulsy recorded --one of lower-resolution (1.79MB) "for sharing" and one of higher-resolution (11MB); the latter is ready to be opened and edited with one's default photo editor (PSE7 in my case).

The lower-resolution image that I am sharing here was taken hand-held and by the available light emanating from a relatively darkly-lit stage.

Nokia Lumia 1020 for Muvipix.JPG

WP_20131015_22_59_53_Pro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Water Cooler