They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Tour de Montgomery

Talk about anything here.

Tour de Montgomery

Postby _Paz_ » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:56 pm

We were going to go to the race, especially since I had visions of the riders going around the fountain in Court Square... but a migraine ended that. Looks like the fountain wasn't in the loop after all. Now, seeing what these kids came up with, I know they did better than I could have! I'm guessing they're using GoPro cameras for the footage from the riders' vantage points.

It's really cool to see a race on streets I know so well. We usually watch the Tour de France and a couple of other races on TV. Did any of you see the opening stages in Corsica this year???? Wow. Fabulously beautiful place.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDXtCr0sL_o&list=LL4__avdpBOGYEKcxUT1auoA[/youtube]

Here are some still of some of the places the riders are going past in downtown Montgomery:

Goat Hill:

Inside of the capitol dome:

Dexter Avenue Baptist Church, Rev. Martin Luther King:

State of Ala Supreme Court building. One of my portraits is in the permanent collection there.

2nd downtown fountain, in front of the only real skyscraper, can be seen in in part of the footage:

and the fountain they did not go past, but would make a great backdrop, with the capitol building in the background:

Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Tour de Montgomery

Postby sidd finch » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Looks like the 2nd rider at the 45 second mark has a helmet cam on. Looks like a contour.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Tour de Montgomery

Postby momoffduty » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:47 pm

Nice photos Paz! The fountain looks like a beautiful area.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Water Cooler