They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Rode smartLav for iPhone

Talk about anything here.

Rode smartLav for iPhone

Postby sidd finch » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:58 pm

Now this is something that looks like it is a real gem. There is a free app and a $5.99 USD app.

The smartLav is a professional-grade wearable microphone designed for use in a wide range of applications. It’s a lapel microphone that makes it easy to record to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch via the headphone jack. There are also many options for transfering the file from the device.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Rode smartLav for iPhone

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:57 pm

Looks very interesting. I know Rode's reputation, and the app claims broadcast quality audio, but I have to wonder if the iPhone is up to the task of high quality recording. Love to try it out though. Not for sale yet, not even a price on it. I also wonder what the software will do. For example, will there be a way to combine/sync recordings from several different iPhones? Not enough details in the app store.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:25 pm

Dave,

I checked the iTunes app store and the app is available for download for $5.99 USD now. As far as the broadcast quality sound I am not sure. I am a huge fan of Rode mics for their ease of use and quality

I went to the Rode web site and found that the lav mic will retail for $60 USD. The sound files cannot be combined but they can be edited on the device itself. Files can be transferred in a multitude of ways from Cloud or through docking the device to your computer.

The Rode app will also accept different mic’s but they need to use a TRSS plug to work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QP ... G73B1HKKPJ

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Thanks Sidd. Sounds like a fair price if it's a quality mic.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Return to Water Cooler