They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

What will you work on in 2013?

Talk about anything here.

Re: What will you work on in 2013?

Postby momoffduty » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Thanks Steve! That movie was an interesting concept.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby roadsideron » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:22 pm

roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:07 am

Great job, Ron! You do have a talent for making complicated concepts relatively easy to understand.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:04 pm

My next project is for the grand daughter. In December she had her first Christmas program, a birthday, Christmas at our home, & a party with Santa at the community center. Besides a DVD, I make short 1 or 2 minute projects of her and transfer to our tablet. She loves watching her short movies.

I finished the above project and dropped off the disc to the grand daughter yesterday. My daughter called and said in the past 2 days Aubrey has watched "her movie" 6x!

I've made a lot of projects for friends & family in the past 6 years and at times I wonder if the discs get much play after the first time. So, good to know that my grand daughter loves her movies. :-D

We had a discussion on this forum before about saving old video & photos and archiving for the family and if the current or future generation really has an interest. And is all the work worth it? It took me over 6 months to scan and capture and create the 2 disc family history project. Burned a ton of copies and wonder if they are played past the first time.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Gerlinde » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:06 am

Cheryl wrote:
I've made a lot of projects for friends & family in the past 6 years and at times I wonder if the discs get much play after the first time.

I wonder sometimes too if anyone is really appreciating all my efforts to document all our family events. I used to have a good reason to do it. My parents and siblings live in Germany and would have been missing out on all the new additions to the family over the years. But my mom died about 2years ago and my dad does not know most of the time, who all those people in the videos are. So my productivity has taken a big hit. That does not stop me from lugging my video camera around where ever I go. I think I'm my best customer because I get never tired to watch the video and pictures I took.

I have 2 digital picture frames where I always display some of my videos and slideshows. When visitors come to our house, they get always sucked into watching the displays. Especially the younger kids like to see themselves as babies.
So I just keep going and have fun with it.
:-D
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby momoffduty » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:01 am

gpecht wrote:I think I'm my best customer because I get never tired to watch the video and pictures I took.

Ain't that the truth! Same here. Editing is a personal enjoyment.

Sorry about your Mom's passing and your Father's situation. I transfer 1 or 2 min projects to the tablet for Aubrey to watch & also when I visit my Mom in Asst. Living she can see the family events.

Good idea on the picture frame. I am the family documentary person and upload short clips or photos to Facebook. I have inherited all of my Mom's photo albums & slides & boxes of photos. Haven't scanned all of them. My Aunt is the family genealogist and has a ton of documents and a wall of bookshelves from ceiling to floor with photo albums. She has hinted that that I will be the caretaker of all of those since I did the family history project & transferred the family tapes. I'm like wait, wait! Think I would be overwhelmed with photos! :ha:
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby _Paz_ » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:41 pm

at times I wonder

My Dad died when I was seven. There was a photo of him as a child, one from a side view, and two more, both blurry from camera shake. Over time I couldn't remember his face and began to replace it in my memories with a movie star he somewhat resembled, same color hair, same body type, etc.

I clearly remember being with him. We caught crawdads on the river bank and tadpoles in the pool surrounding an artesian well. They DID grow up to be frogs! I remember how he dreamed of boating down that river to the sea. He took me with him, fishing and to the golf course. I had to sit totally still and be totally quiet. Well worth it, I thought. I sat in his lap and he read "It was the night before Christmas" to me from an article in the newspaper... but as time passed, no matter how I tried, I couldn't remember what he looked like. And I knew it wasn't exactly like Kirk Douglas!, lol

About five years ago an aunt gave me slides of a Christmas family reunion taken in the mid 1950s. Suddenly my most beloved father had a face!!!!!!

Ya never know who might find your family images to be a true treasure later on.

Paz
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:03 pm

_Paz_ wrote:About five years ago an aunt gave me slides of a Christmas family reunion taken in the mid 1950s. Suddenly my most beloved father had a face!!!!!!

Ya never know who might find your family images to be a true treasure later on.

A great story, and an inspiration for any of us who may sometimes feel underappreciated for what we do. :-5
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:21 pm

A great story Paz! Glad you finally have those photos. A true treasure.

I am reluctant to throw any photos away. Cleaning out my MIL's house I found a large box of old photos and sadly names are not on them. Still I have them in my basement. I did find an old high school year book from the Chicago area that was circa my BIL's era and he didn't remember the girl's name on the front cover. I looked up their class reunion website online and tracked her down by calling someone on the committee who thought her married name was so & so and lived in the area. She was very, very happy to get it back after 45+ years. She didn't know my BIL and had no idea how it ended up with his mother. It would have been very easy to just pitch it at the time and surprised that it made it through many moves of my in-laws.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby pch006 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:22 am

It seems everyone can do video these days... on their cell phone, iPad and probably their class ring so, I wonder what is the point in making videos. I guess I continue to do it for my own pleasure. I went to a yard sale recently and, I couldn't believe it but, They had a case of 8mm films they were selling for $7.00. I couldn't resist and bought them. I haven't looked at them all, (yes, I still have an 8mm projector) but they were all of family gatherings, birthdays, Christmas', etc. Most were black and white and from the 40's and 50's. It sort of made me sad to see all those strangers and to know someone gave away all those memories.
pch006
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:11 am

This is how my year started; went to my youngest granddaughter's 2nd birthday party, forgot my camera, video camera and cell phone all at home :pull: ](*,)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:11 am

Chuck Engels wrote:This is how my year started; went to my youngest granddaughter's 2nd birthday party, forgot my camera, video camera and cell phone all at home :pull: ](*,)

Uh Oh..Papa in trouble! I am sure there were others there with cell phone video. Sometimes it is nice to go to a party or event and NOT bring the equipment. Just enjoy it without thinking about getting that next shot.

Paul, that is very sad the old family tapes were sold. I wonder if the people you bought them from got them at an auction where they sell household items by the box.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Previous

Return to Water Cooler