They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Conversion Problem.

Talk about anything here.

Conversion Problem.

Postby Bubby Grub » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:15 pm

Hi All,

Can anyone help with this. For Xmas I got a Panasonic TZ30 full HD Aus. model. USA is ZS20.
At this stage I do most of my editing in PE7, am looking at PE11 but one of these things I have not got to as yet.

PE7 does not like MTS files to much, so have been playing around doing mini test runs on conversions and the one I found is MPEG-2HD, on converting
them and bringing them into 7 they are great and don't need rendering at all. But the strange thing is say out of 5 small videos taken, one of them is missing the audio,
re-did the conversion same result, tried changing various things just to test, still came in with no audio and the video quality was terrible and that particular one then
needed rendering. Did those conversion through Pav Tube with just that one missing the audio.

Next using HD Video Converter took that same particular video in did the conversion and when on bringing it into PE the audio was there, but needed rendering, and
even after rendering that particular video quality terrible where as all other conversions were fine from Pav Tube and the quality was good and no rendering required.
Can anyone throw any light on why just one particular video misses the audio. That obsviously will present a problem with any other future conversions.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Meant to say that on checking the conversion outside of PE the audio is there but just missing in 7.

Thanks in advance

(Edit) Just tried Pav Tube again, and changed the bitrate for that particular video to original and came in perfect and no rendering required. But then did a test run on
another Video that was fine before with the bit rate at high quality, changed that to Original quality, that came in not as good and required rendering whereas before it was fine, still testing
but just wondering what may be going on.

BG
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Conversion Problem.

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:42 am

Are you shooting in 60i or 60p mode? You're definitely going to have better luck with 60p in version 11.

The specs also indicate that you can shoot both AVCHD and MP4. I'd recommend working in AVCHD when you can.

I'm not sure about converting that particular video, though, since I've never worked with it. But if you want to post 30 seconds or saw of footage to our Gallery, I'll be glad to play with it in version 11 and see how it performs.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:02 am

I highly recommend downloading the v11 trial and giving it a go to see how it performs over v7 ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bubby Grub » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi Steve, Chuck,

Thanks for the replies, Steve when I realised the camera would shoot in AVCHD or MP4, decided to give it a test run with MP4
the results were terrible so went back to AVCHD and will stick with that.
Yes I am planning on trying 11, when it first came out decided to sit on the fence for a while just to see what the reviews were
as I have 10 and found I did not like it. Have a couple of different computers one a few years old, plus i7 desktop plus i5 notebook
and just did not like the response but will definitely give 11 ago. Will keep 7 though as it has those GPU effects I like so much.
From a recent review on this forum 11 sounds good.
Thanks again
BG :exc:
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:49 am

Glad we could sway you, BG.

I think you'll be very pleased with Premiere Elements 11's performance with AVCHD. With 11, I can even work with AVCHD on my dual-core 2.66 ghz Windows 7 64-bit system!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Water Cooler