They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Camcorder to convert PAL to NTSC, feed back for you Steve.

Talk about anything here.

Camcorder to convert PAL to NTSC, feed back for you Steve.

Postby happy2bapappy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:12 am

A few weeks back in the 'other' forum, I posted a question about being able to port PAL analog material to an NTSC digital camcorder to convert it to NTSC. Steve, as you recall, the answer hinged on whether the camcorder recognized the material as imagery or data.

Well, in an unrelated matter I stumbled across what could be the answer. According to this particular website, using a camcorder in this way, would not be successful. :(

As of yet, I'm not fully convinced and I'll keep looking for corroborating material.

In the mean time, if anyone here has experience in this matter, or know of where I can find a reliable answer, I'd love to hear from you.
I'd love to be able to convert PAL to NTSC.
happy2bapappy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:16 am

Hi John,
Conversion from PAL to NTSC or NTSC to PAL has always concerned me. I really can't see a way to get a good quality image when you have to add lines or remove lines of resolution.

I can obviously see where the PAL to NTSC should be easier, removing lines but have not found anyone that has successfully accomplished it without losing quality in the process, at least not on the consumer level.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby happy2bapappy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:32 am

in my search I have found several software solutions, but by and large they're quite intensive, from a -have to know what you're doing- viewpoint. :lol:

I was really hoping to find a simple hardware solution, short of getting a dual NTSC/PAL VCR converter which, in so far as I have been able to see, run in the multi thousand dollar range :confused2:
WAY out of my league.

Still though, I respect what you're saying, and I can see that my search has come close to its end.
happy2bapappy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Water Cooler