They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Some Windows 11 talk

Talk about anything here.

Some Windows 11 talk

Postby Peru » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:58 pm

The US defense connection is also a major reason why Microsoft will prepare separate Win11 versions for sale in China, Russia, and other authoritarian regimes. In these countries and many others, TPM chips are against the law. These powers may be suspicious that the DoD has inserted a back door into TPM encryption, as I reported in my September 6 column.

Some very big dog walkers are yanking on Microsoft’s collar. Despite the Redmond corporation’s size and wealth, it faces a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” dilemma:

Very big makers and users of PCs, servers, and other devices are pressuring Microsoft not to make hundreds of millions of their deployed units unable to run Win11, which many CEOs will think is an essential new thing. That’s the reason MS added its new, permissive Registry key.
The largest defense department in the world — which has a bigger budget than the militaries of China, Russia, and the next five countries combined — is telling Microsoft that DoD won’t buy and use Windows unless SHA-256 is baked in, which requires TPM 2.0. That’s why MS is making Win11 sound like a fantastic, exciting toy everyone needs.

from here:
https://www.askwoody.com/newsletter/fre ... t-tpm-2-0/
Peru

Re: Some Windows 11 talk

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:34 am

Interesting...
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ed » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:36 am

What a world. I'm mostly Mac these days, but still have to deal with Windows at work. I also have been moving to Linux OS for some devices at home, but that brings it's own issues.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:18 am

Some Win 11 info here:-

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/m ... -problems/

I am having the problems described with the Start menu and also with MS Word documents attached to emails.

"Testing for the expected" pre-launch testing failures ? :(
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Return to Water Cooler