They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

8K, 360-Lunar Eclipse Timelapse Aurora Borealis

Talk about anything here.

8K, 360-Lunar Eclipse Timelapse Aurora Borealis

Postby sidd finch » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:54 pm

Photographer / Videographer William Briscoe was able to capture an absolutely stunning 8K, 360 timelapse of a lunar eclipse happening during the Aurora Borealis.

The video is actually a blend of two different images captured by two different camera rigs. Briscoe had to use two rigs because different settings were needs to properly expose the moon and the Aurora Borealis.

“The difference between the settings required to properly expose the moon and the Aurora is too great to do it in a single shot,” Briscoe says. “The 360 camera was set to expose the aurora and landscape, while a second camera attached to a telephoto lens was used to time lapse the lunar eclipse itself. I combined them in post.”

SIdd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: 8K, 360-Lunar Eclipse Timelapse Aurora Borealis

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:45 am

Wow, makes me want to go to Alaska just for the light show! The combination of these two events in one 360 recording is incredible.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:59 pm

I remember being able to see the northern lights from the suburbs of Chicago when I was growing up. It wasn't often and wasn't extremely colorful but still amazingly beautiful. When we moved to Minnesota we were able to see them much more often and with more color, still not as amazing as WAYYYY up north but still very cool.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:20 am

That video was really cool. I watched it a couple of times and did not even pay attention to the moon because the Aurora was sooooo cool.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler