Previous topic | Next topic
Page 2 of 4 [ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Exporting transparency from HD

Re: Exporting transparency from HD

Offline - Premiere Member
Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:43 am Post
Chuck Engels wrote
Have you tried using the AVI option yet?

Yes, I did, Chuck. The millions+ option greys out on an HD file. It must k-n-o-w I'm trying to fool it. :-D
Last post Reply with quote 

Offline - Super Moderator
Profile  WWW 
Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:39 pm Post
I can't figure out why this is a problem. I'm sure this could be done in After Effects, but doesn't seem to be any way to do it in Premiere Elements.

Offline - Senior Contributor
Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:54 pm Post
Version 7 still has the "Export, movie" option under the "File" menu, try that. It should work, not sure why the same settings with the Share tab won't work, get the same error message as Jayell

Profile  WWW 
Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:58 pm Post
The 'Video' settings are not available if the preset is High Definition. Doesn't work, sorry.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:06 pm Post
Using "NTSC-HDV-HDV720p 30" project, keyboard "ctrl-m", click Setting button, General, change file type to Quicktime, then select, Video, Compressor: None & uncheck Recompress tick box. Worked for me
Attachment
ScreenShot1.png

Attachment
ScreenShot2.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile  WWW 
Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm Post
Thanks for sticking with this RF :)
I must say it is a little fickle however, sometimes the Color Depth is greyed out and sometimes it isn't.
It was available the first time, then not when I went back to it. After about 4 or 5 more tries it was available again. Strange behavior but good to know that this is possible, great work !!!
The SUPER Muvipixer Award goes to you :TU:

:SS:

Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:33 pm Post
Lets hold off on any awards till Jayell gets it working!

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:24 pm Post
You may bestow the award. :hello1: image152 :TU: :yh: img0291
This boggles my mind!
I've tried this AT LEAST 20 times, opened, closed, next day. Nothing. I'm working with a HD1080, so thought I'd open a HD720. Tried those settings .. nothing (meaning million+ still greyed out). But I think I said OK before I closed the dialog box .. as opposed to cancelling out of it. Closed the project .. reopened .. NOW the millions+ is available.
Went back to the HD1080 project. Nothing. Put in those settings (with millions+ greyed out) .. said OK before closing the dialog box. Closed the project. Went back .. now I get the millions+ option. I SAVED those settings in the dialog box. Closed project .. reopened. Closed PE7 completely .. reopened. Houston, we have transparency !!

Profile  WWW 
Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:39 pm Post
You gotta love this place :yh:

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:39 pm Post
Jayell wrote
But I think I said OK before I closed the dialog box .. as opposed to cancelling out of it. Closed the project .. reopened .. NOW the millions+ is available.
Went back to the HD1080 project. Nothing. Put in those settings (with millions+ greyed out) .. said OK before closing the dialog box. Closed the project. Went back .. now I get the millions+ option. I SAVED those settings in the dialog box. Closed project .. reopened. Closed PE7 completely .. reopened. Houston, we have transparency !!

Ya, just played with it some more AND If the Color Depth is grayed out, then the trick is to clicking the "OK" button to go back to Export movie, then click on Settings button again, then Color Depth shouldn't be greyed out anymore. Didn't have to exit the program to get it working.

Glad you got it working.

PS. seems like it will not work using SHARE tab option, you'll get an error, real shame the "ctrl-M" option removed from ver8 & 9

Profile  WWW 
Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:08 pm Post
I think this is partially due to the fact that there needs to be some things that you can only do in the Pro version.
This is now something that can be done in Premier Pro but not in Elements anymore :(

Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:16 pm Post
Chuck Engels wrote
I think this is partially due to the fact that there needs to be some things that you can only do in the Pro version.
This is now something that can be done in Premier Pro but not in Elements anymore :(

Kind of a shame, though when you think you're just updating to the latest version .. and end up losing something you'd gotten used to having. :evil:

Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:22 pm Post
rfjg wrote
Ya, just played with it some more AND If the Color Depth is grayed out, then the trick is to clicking the "OK" button

By the way, .. thanks for posting the screen shots. I kept wondering if there was some other obscure box I wasn't paying attention to. That helped make sure we were on the same page.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:23 pm Post
Jayell wrote
when you think you're just updating to the latest version .. and end up losing something you'd gotten used to having. :evil:

Yup, I agree. Not nice!

Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:34 pm Post
Jayell wrote
By the way, .. thanks for posting the screen shots.

Picture is worth a 1000 words, or something like that
Top Reply with quote 

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4 [ 46 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic