FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]

Report on the LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW

Report on the LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW

Offline - Super Contributor
Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:40 pm Post
After reading some bad reviews with regard to the Blu-ray RW drive that is available from HP as an option for the machine described in my signature, I opted to order the machine with only 1 SD DVD RW/Lightscribe drive installed.

Fry's recently had the Blu-ray RW drive described in my signature on sale for $149, down from $199, with a 30-day return policy. I've finally had the time to put the drive and included software through its paces.

With the included Cyberlink Blu-ray disc suite I am able to burn a SD disc from folder in the Blu-ray drive while the other SD drive that came with the machine is burning the Lightscribe labels but with following limitation: the Cyberlink Lightscribe LabelPrint software offers a choice of only 2 backgrounds, whereas the choices that came with my XP machines numbered in the dozens. My workaround is to burn the discs with the Win7 machine and the Lightscribe labels with the XP.

Will report back later if any other issues surface.
Last post Reply with quote 

Re: Report on the LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW

Offline - Premiere Member
Profile  WWW 
Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:34 am Post
George, I bought the LG WH10LS30 about two months ago, which is the OEM version of that drive, on sale from NewEgg for a few dollars less. I was not impressed with the CyberLink suite included software - PowerDirector wouldn't even install - so I removed it all. I haven't burned a Blu-ray disk yet but but I'm getting close to being finished with my granddaughter's wedding video. CDs and DVDs burn fine. I'll report more when I actually burn a BD disk.

Offline - Super Contributor
Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:30 am Post
Ken, I also have not yet burned a BD.

I've finished burning 40 SD DVDs, and I'm now completing the task of printing the jewel case inserts that I made with a still that I exported from one of the clips.

I'm going to start a new post that discusses the software that I found for this from SureThing.

Offline - Premiere Member
Profile  WWW 
Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:23 pm Post
I see that I never returned to report here. I burned six HD Blu-ray disks of my granddaughter's wedding on Ridata 4X Inkjet printable and they all played fine on the Sony player. I also burned ten SD DVD+R DL Ridata 2.4X Inkjet printable. I had two people say they couldn't get their player to play beyond the layer break so I made several SD DVD-R Taiyo Yuden using more compression to get one hour and forty-five minutes on those disks.

In addition, I took a still from the video of the wedding party photo session and made it wrap around a two disk movie box so the presentation with a BD and an SD disk set looked quite professional. In summary, the LG burner performed flawlessly for this summer's "Big Deal" family event!
Top Reply with quote 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic