FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]

Copy protection of DVD Video

Copy protection of DVD Video

Offline - New User
Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:29 pm Post
I was wondering if there is anyway to copy protect DVD Videos. I'm currently using Premiere Elements 10 to create the show, then Sony DVD Architect 5.0 to create the DVD, and Nero 12 to burn.
Last post Reply with quote 

Re: Copy protection of DVD Video

Offline - Moderator
Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:01 pm Post
Neither of those programs have the ability to add copy protection.

There are too many free and paid programs that can very easily remove copy protection, even if you could do it.

Offline - Super Moderator
Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:34 pm Post
I agree, Brenda. Copy protection questions come up fairly regularly on our forum, and no one has found a real, affordable answer.

DVD Architect Pro 5 and Pro 6 include some sort of protection that limits the number of copies that can be made from your disc -- but I'm not sure how and how well it works.

Offline - New User
Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:40 am Post
Thank you for your input. Maybe I just need to get faster on creating my videos and then I won't feel so bummed with someone copies them.

Offline - Moderator
Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:05 am Post
DVD Architect Pro merely sets the bits that allow a duplication facility to add CSS and/or Macrovision. Both these things are high cost are are trivially defeated these days.

The suggestion I have seen elsewhere is to use social engineering rather than physical engineering to prevent copying. I don't know what the DVDs are for but if the funds go to a particular cause thanking people for supporting the cause at the start of the video could make someone guilty enough to actually pay for it.

Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:11 pm Post
Or maybe, like today's musicians, we just have to all learn to live with the fact that digital media is easily shared. And all we can do is hope that enough honest people support us that our projects are still profitable.

Offline - Moderator
Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:32 pm Post
You might be better served by placing a watermark on the video. Then someone would have to go to a lot of extra effort to remove the watermark.

Sidd

Profile  WWW 
Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:16 pm Post
A small watermark in one of the bottom corners is an excellent idea Sidd :TU:
Top Reply with quote 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic