They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Changing the Volume name

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Changing the Volume name

Postby Gerry » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:03 am

I'm pretty much in love with DVD Architect Studio 5.0. Man, how easy this program makes it, compared to the hoops I was jumping through with a combination of Prel 4 and Studio 10.

BUT... I can't figure out how to change the Volume Name on a disc. I've got Steve's book and haven't found it in there (yet), and it's not listed in the program's own Help file.

When I went to burn a Blu-Ray tonight, for some reason the Volume name had defaulted to a disk name I'd burned a month ago and it was grayed-out, so I couldn't change it. But when I inserted the burned disc into the player, it was now called "Volume _01."

How do I do it?
Dell XPS 8500 desktop w/ Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4ghz / 22 gigs RAM / Radeon HD7570 1g dedicated video memory/ PrEl 11 & 9 / Photoshop and Illustrator CS5 / After Effects CS4 / Olympus OM-D E-M5 DSLR (1080i HD video)

Time is money, life is change.
Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Changing the Volume name

Postby Bob » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:19 am

If the volume name field in burn is grayed out, you should still be able to set the volume name in the project properties. Alt-Enter to bring up the properties and change the volume name parameter in the disc labels section.
Bob

Re: Changing the Volume name

Postby Gerry » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:36 am

Bob wrote:If the volume name field in burn is grayed out, you should still be able to set the volume name in the project properties. Alt-Enter to bring up the properties and change the volume name parameter in the disc labels section.

Oh wow... THANKS, Bob! I looked at that screen and never realized it was EDITable! I just thought it was an overview of what the project settings already were.
Dell XPS 8500 desktop w/ Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4ghz / 22 gigs RAM / Radeon HD7570 1g dedicated video memory/ PrEl 11 & 9 / Photoshop and Illustrator CS5 / After Effects CS4 / Olympus OM-D E-M5 DSLR (1080i HD video)

Time is money, life is change.
Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to DVD Architect