They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

"Press PLAY to Start"

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

"Press PLAY to Start"

Postby Walter Seaton » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:19 pm

I have made a number of slide shows using ProShow Producer v4.0. Each one I set up with a custom menu which, when burned and inserted in the DVD player, would show some title information but would not start until I pressed the PLAY button on my remote. I like to start my shows this way because it allows me to insert the DVD, then turn down the lights and create the right atmosphere instead of having to run away from the system in the dark after inserting the DVD.

I produced a short show today but when I inserted it into the DVD player and pressed the PLAY button on my remote nothing happened (I checked - the PLAY button functions properly). I discovered I had to press the the STOP button and then the PLAY button when the show started immediately, bypassing the title information screen.

To the best of my knowledge I have not made any changes to my custom menu. What settings are required for me to be able to make sure the show does not start until I press the PLAY button?
3.70 gigahertz Intel 6-Core i7-8700K; Windows10PRO 64 bit; Board: ROG STRIX Z370-G ; 16MB RAM; Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti ; 2 ViewSonic VP2365 Monitors; 2 internal SSDs 1TB each; 3 HDs: 2x2TB and 1x3TB; Camera Panasonic PV-DV953D; Sound Files .wav.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: "Press PLAY to Start"

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:17 pm

Walter,
I am not sure what would cause this. There have been reports of people having this problem with their players. But it was something that was immediately evident. In other words it never worked. The DVD spec is a little loose around this item. In my experience the cheaper players seem to have the widest tolerance for playback issues of any kind. Manufacturers like Sony tend to have some of the worst.

Is this a new player or have you been able to play ProShow DVDs all along until now?

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: "Press PLAY to Start"

Postby Walter Seaton » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi Vernon, It is a high-end player I have had for some time. It still responds to the "Press Play" command on my previous projects, but not on ones I am creating now. Yet I am following exactly the same procedure as before - in fact, I have saved the menu as my standard menu and just change the title.
3.70 gigahertz Intel 6-Core i7-8700K; Windows10PRO 64 bit; Board: ROG STRIX Z370-G ; 16MB RAM; Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti ; 2 ViewSonic VP2365 Monitors; 2 internal SSDs 1TB each; 3 HDs: 2x2TB and 1x3TB; Camera Panasonic PV-DV953D; Sound Files .wav.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to ProShow Series Software