They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

time line edit?

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

time line edit?

Postby kr236rk » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:18 pm

hi,

i have created a 3min 44second project in PE3 but when the cursor gets to the end of the project it just keeps on going - i've checked there's nothing hiding further down the timeline: how can i stop the cursor, the project flags up the 3'44" length of the piece but that time-cursor just keeps on sailing through :eek:

help appreciated :)

thanks
kr236rk
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: time line edit?

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:23 pm

Sounds like the work area bar extends beyond the end of the project.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:23 am

Here's an easy way to both set your Work Area Bar and see if there are hidden frames beyond the end of your project.

Select the timeline panel and press the \ key on your keyboard. This will automatically zoom the timeline to show your whole project. Then double-click on the Work Area Bar. The WAB will automatically size to the length of your project and will continue to automatically resize as you edit your piece.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kr236rk » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:13 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Here's an easy way to both set your Work Area Bar and see if there are hidden frames beyond the end of your project.

Select the timeline panel and press the \ key on your keyboard. This will automatically zoom the timeline to show your whole project. Then double-click on the Work Area Bar. The WAB will automatically size to the length of your project and will continue to automatically resize as you edit your piece.

Thanks Chuck & Steve,

after following the above instructions i did in fact notice a tiny fragment of edited video further down the timeline (odd cos i checked that last night) - anyway, deleting that and resetting the WAB has framed the project within its time parameter so, great, thanks! :)

R

ps. one thing giving me headaches is swopping a project around on moveable media: i am learning to edit a project on one drive only with all the back-up source files, until it is time to save the project to blank disc format :roll:
kr236rk
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby rusty » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:55 pm

Thanks for that tip Steve. Just last weeked I was <deleting and closing gap> on large pieces of some clips on the Timeline and finding that the work area bar extended way past the end of the last clip, and I didn't know how to pull the end of it back. :-D
Russ
rusty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Prior Versions