They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

importing images to proshow gold

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

importing images to proshow gold

Postby Gyto » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:45 am

While creating my latest slideshow I found, after importing the bulk of the images I needed more. However when I browsed within proshow gold to the necessary image folder that contained the extra images it would not recognise it. I then placed the images in a folder which was recognised only to find that proshow said the folder was empty. Any help on this would be grately appreciated.
Gyto
New User
New User

Re: importing images to proshow gold

Postby Doreen L. » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:01 am

The only thing that I can think of is that maybe the format of the photos you're trying to import are not a format supported by PSG.
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
http://tworiversailing.com/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:03 am

Check the attributes of the files and the folder that were not recognized. If they are marked hidden that could cause this. If your login is set to view hidden files, you can see them. But, many applications will not.
Bob

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:46 am

And a warm welcome to Muvipix Gyto :meet:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby codebreaker » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:31 am

I've found the Folder/File display in Proshow to be a little Flaky. It doesn't automatically update any changes you may have made and so I've had Folders and Files go missing. Sometimes just closing a Folder Structure and re-opening will refresh the list of folders and files.

However, I've long since abandoned using the Folder/File Window. Instead I drag and drop the image files from another application such as Photoshop Elements but you could equally do this with Windows Explorer. If you're fortunate to have plenty of room on your screen or even dual monitors, just open both Proshow and Elements or Explorer and drag and drop into Proshow.

Colin

My Web Site

Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints
codebreaker

Return to ProShow Series Software