They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PC to standalone DVD recorder

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

PC to standalone DVD recorder

Postby lestra » Tue May 08, 2007 3:16 am

Maybe not right place for this topic,but hope it will help somebody and hope that somebody could help me.
This is about connecting PC to standalanone DVD recorder via Firewire.You can use this connection to preview on TV thru DVD recorder from timeline,or to record directly from PC to DVD.
After searching internet I find driver that make this possible for my Panasonic DMR-ES15.Driver is free.

http://forum.videohelp.com/images/guide ... _1.0.2.zip

Then I install driver with no problem,reboot and start Premiere 2.0 pro.It works.
Then start Premiere Elements 3.0.It works.
Then start Encore DVD 2.0.By default it give preview only for menu editor,You can see your menus on TV and it works fine.There is no problem with Encore.
But with Premiere and Premiere Elements there is one.I can not close those programs.When try to do that it just froze.Also can not terminate it by task manager,end process.When turn off Panasonic,everything OK.

Now,does somebody know solution or other way?

Some people talk about 61883.sys driver renaming to Av61883_Connect,but I dont understand whole process.

Please if You know something...Thank You

lestra

PS.Chuck,how are You?
lestra
New User
New User

Postby Paul LS » Tue May 08, 2007 3:49 am

Why do you need the driver? Because PE3 does not recognise the DVD recorder? Maybe the driver is messing up the process. Did you try using the Generic setting in device contriol without the driver?
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby lestra » Tue May 08, 2007 4:33 am

My DVD recorder is not on the list of compatibility on Adobe site.

lestra
lestra
New User
New User

Postby lestra » Tue May 08, 2007 4:04 pm

,and yes I already try that.

Thank You Paul You are only one who try to help.
lestra
New User
New User

Postby Ken Jarstad » Tue May 08, 2007 11:57 pm

You are only one who try to help.
This issue is quite complex and not many folks here can be expected to know about such things. . I remember experimenting with this file quite some time ago, perhaps with PrEl v1. As I recall, I was able to replace this driver and eliminate the time delay in the audio between my Timeline and the monitor TV connected via Firewire and A/D converter. It has to do with timing (synchonizing) I/O channels and has been replaced by Micro$oft in both SP1 and SP2.

If you replace this file with one hacked to support your DVD recorder you may not get a file that has been properly tested and you can probably assume it has flaws. It's fine to try such things but YMMV. Unless you can find a better replacement file I would recommend going back to the original which you can get from your driver cache.
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby lestra » Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am

Yes,Ken You have right.I am sorry.
lestra
New User
New User

Return to Tips and Tricks