They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

GPU Effects and Transitions problem

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

GPU Effects and Transitions problem

Postby William Tranter » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:59 am

In a previous thread, I had mentioned I could not find GPU Effects and Transitions on my Study computer which is running PE1.
I have just had my computer guru over and he has upgraded my Matrox drivers (I have a Matrox Parhelia 128 graphics card, which drives two Iiyama monitors giving me plenty of real estate!).
However, I still can't get the GPU effects to come up. We've switched 'on' all the available settings in the Matrox Game and 3D settings menu, but still the GPU effects don't show.
I'm reluctant to purchase PE2 for my study computer if I cannot use all the effects and transitions which are available, and because I cannot even see the GPU effects and transitions in PE1, I don't know whether they are able to be used in PE1!
Does anybody still use PE1 and have GPU Effects and GPU Transitions in their Effects and Transitions menus?
Any help very welcome - we've run out of ideas here!
(As an aside, my computer guru also has a Matrox Parhelia 128 graphics card on his computer, though it hasn't had the graphics drivers updated. He runs PE2 on his machine, and the GPU Effects and Transitions show up and work perfectly, so the problem isn't with the Parhelia card as far as we can deduce.
All the best,
Bill :cry:
William Tranter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:30 am

Maybe it's time to upgrade Bill?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby William Tranter » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:07 am

No, Chuck, it WAS the drivers after all, and now I'm getting everything.
I'll explain it all step by step for the benefit of any other person who has a MATROX PARHELIA 128 graphics card.
You will probably find, as I did, that you don't have the GPU Effects and Transitions, just as I did - in fact, I didn't even know they were available until I purchased Steve and CHuck's extremely helpful book 'PE2 in a Snap' (Chuck can help out better at this bit of advertising!).
There, I found there were effects and transitions I'd never even seen. My computer guru couldn't get them, even after downloading new drivers from the Matrox website, so we e-mailed Matrox, and about an hour later I received an e-mail back giving me a new link:
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/corpo ... php?id=169
Here are the drivers you will need, but before installing them you must ensure that you have the .NET Framework drivers installed as well, because you need them before un-installling the old Matrox drivers and then installing the new ones which will be shown when you go to the link above.
And I've got to say, after a lot of fiddling about, changing screen modes, backgrounds, re-ordering my on-screen icons, etc., that at last everything works! Just like it says on the tin!
Am I pleased? Do I breathe?
All the very best,
Bill
William Tranter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:38 am

That is great news Bill!

The GPU Ripple and page curls are really nice :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Tips and Tricks