They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

HD Divx Avi files

Discussions about High Definition Television, Blu-Ray, HD DVD and other high definition DVD formats.

HD Divx Avi files

Postby netbased » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:11 pm

I have a bunch of HD M2TS video files, 1440X1080, off my sony camcorder. After installing 3 different modules, I was finally able to read them into Adobe Premiere Elements. However I could not get PE to write them out as 1440X1080 HD DivX Avi files, or any 1440X1080 files for that matter.

I am here at the suggestion of Steve Grisetti, and you can see my original post at:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?128@@.3c05d9b5

I am looking to find out if there is any editor which will read these m2ts files, and put them out to hard drive as HD 1440X1080 avi or mpg. Additionally I would like to get these out to HD or BlueRay, either as 1440X1080, or possibly upsampled to 1920X1080 (LOL, I do NOT care to have them downsampled to some stupid 720X480 before being coughed out to 1920X1080 ……. really now).

Think Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate is the right choice? Tkx.
netbased
New User
New User

Re: HD Divx Avi files

Postby Paul LS » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:39 pm

How did you get the AVCHD files into PE4? Did you convert them to .m2t or .mpg before importing them? If you have them in .m2t or .mpg format save the hassle of struggling with PE4 to convert them to DivX and use the DivX converter with HD preset ( http://www.divx.com ).

If you have want to burn them to a HD DVD or Blu-Ray disc then use ULEAD MovieFactory 6+ . This will import AVCHD files and allow you to burn them to both formats, or burn them to HD-DVD or AVCHD format on a standard DVD. If you prefer to do a bit more editing than Moviefactory offers than try ULEAD VideoStudio 11.5+... it has more sophisticated editing features but not so many options when burning to HD-DVD or BluRay.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby netbased » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:20 pm

There is a way to open m2ts files directly into premiere. You need to download avisynth plugin for Premiere, avisynth proggie itself, and maybe the Haali splitter:

plugin >> http://urchin.earth.li/~tomford/avisynth/index.html

avisynth >> http://www.free-codecs.com/download/AviSynth.htm

haali >> http://download.videohelp.com/download/ ... 291207.exe

Then you create a small script file, say script.avs . This is just a 2 line file, with these 2 lines:

#ASYNTHER M2TS Editing
DirectShowSource("C:\bla\bla\MyVideoFile.m2ts")

Change the pathname to appropriate value.

In Premiere, just open the script.avs. You may be able to use wild cards in the file name, but I do not know the details at the moment. This trick seems to be targeted for the Pro crowd, but seems to work in Elements too.
netbased
New User
New User

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:01 pm

Nero will read and write .m2ts files.

After installing the 3 downloads mentioned in previous post, I was able to add duck1.m2ts via duck1.avs to Premiere Elements 4.0. Only the video came in. But you can directly import the .m2ts and get only the audio. AFter it was in PE 4.0, I also had to interpret the footage of the video by changing the frame rate to 25fps and 16:9. It's necessary to render a preview on my system.

The PremiereAVS plugin installation gives you a choice of the Premiere Pro or Premiere 5.x 6.x versions. Both seem to work the same, but I haven't played with it that much.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Gooder » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:00 pm

I think you would do better by using Premiere Pro CS3 or something like it. I do not know or use Elements 4 but the pro version can handle Hi-Def and Blue Ray among other options. You can also try a trial version to see if you like it. It's more money but if you are dealing with Hi-Def then I would move up to something that has more power and deals with Hi-Def video!

AVCHD format, I'm sure others will let you know if the Pro version can handle that format!

Just my thoughts :)

Cheers

EDIT: m2ts files are fine but no mention of AVCHD files! I guess Premiere Pro might not be for your type or camcorder.
I have used native m2t files but never these AVCHD files!
Also, I would stay away from Divx. If you want quality video then edit in native Hi-Def and avoid Divx!

Maybe try looking for some other software like Sony Vegas :)
HP Pavilion t540.se 2.8 GHz, 1GB DDR, 200GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500. Internal HDD Seagate 250GB, External HDD WD My Book 300GB, Maxtor Basic 500GB. Sound card Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro! & 5.1 Surround Speakers!
Gooder
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:18 pm

Here's something interesting. I created an AVCHD blu-ray disc in Nero 7 (burned to folder). I then change the file extension on one of the files from .MTS to .M2TS. That way PE will accept it. Anyway, PE read in both the video and audio in a 1080i project. I didn't need AVISynth.

PE 4.0 will burn a blu-ray disc, too.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Paul LS » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:36 pm

Did you create a AVCHD disc or a BluRay disc, burnt to folder? ANd what were your source files?
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:51 pm

I was just wondering as NERO can burn BluRay discs with HDV mpeg content. I was wondering if infact the file you create is really a HDV mpeg file.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:52 pm

Sorry about that, in Nero 7 it was an AVCHD disc burned to folder. The Nero default menu has a title "Blue Disc" and that is how I came up with Blu-ray.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Paul LS » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:58 pm

If it is AVCHD it should still be AVC/H264 AVCHD compliant... so strange that PE4 can import it. Does PE4 import H264 high def material?
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:51 pm

I exported to a Blu-ray file using PE4. It was 1080i using Mainconcept h.264 codec. In PE4, there is a blu-ray file preset under the MPEG category. That's what I used. The file has a .m2t file extension. I was able to import that back into PE4 and add it to the timeline.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Hi Def