They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

photo sizing for slide show

Talk about the Elements Organizer (all versions)

photo sizing for slide show

Postby bobfranz » Mon May 28, 2018 1:48 pm

I'm starting a slide show project in PRE Organizer 2018. The first version of my slide show has portions of some photos cropped out of view. I think I need to resize the photos. Do I use the PRE 2018 sizing recommended in Cool Tricks PRE 2018? The slide show will be exported for a PRE 2018 video project.
bobfranz

Re: photo sizing for slide show

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon May 28, 2018 4:04 pm

If you're using the Organizer's slideshow creator, you shouldn't need to resize your photos.

Though I suppose if you're getting weird croppings, it might be worth experimenting.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bobfranz » Tue May 29, 2018 8:34 pm

I finished but Organizer Slide Show, and Organizer, are a bit disappointing. Cropping many photos was required to get them to fit the screen. Maybe there are settings that I could change but I was editing about half of the about 50 photos for lighting, etc. so I decided to spend my time editing vs. learning how Organizer works.

Another disappointment is that Organizer doesn't work well on my Mac. After a couple of hours and many frustrations, I copied my 50 photos to my PC, started over and finished in about an hour. The biggest (but not only) problem: as I edited photos on the Mac, Organizer lost connection to them. Or at least periodically did. After numerous restarts of both the program(s) and the Mac, it would connect correctly, only to lose the connection a few minutes later. Reconnecting Organizer to photos using the browser, I would go to the file where the photo was located, Organizer detected the matched photo but gave me the message that it was already in the catalogue. This adds to several other reasons (including the features you've listed that don't work on Macs in PRE 2018) that I am leaning toward selling the Mac.

Good news: the project looks great and I picked up some some PhotoShop editing skill.
bobfranz

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue May 29, 2018 9:01 pm

Glad you were able to complete your project, Bob. But sorry to hear it was such a rough ride.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Elements Organizer