They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Another ? for Steve re what's written in his book

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2018

Another ? for Steve re what's written in his book

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:14 am

Hi again Steve,

In the PRE book, you write on p.211 that it's possible to completely disable Auto Analysis by the Organizer.

Questions: 1) Is this accomplished by simply unchecking all the boxes under Auto Analyzer Options? 2) If I have a particular song that I like being tracked by the Organizer, and I leave Audio checked, how do I ask the O to look for similar music that the O is tracking -- do I merely select that one song in the O?

While on the topic music: I haven't used iTunes for a while, but in the past when I wanted a desired track to be in the WAV format, I would simply right-click it to convert it and would then have no problem using it in my creations. In other words, I used iTunes to manage ALL my music, including non-copyrighted of non-Apple origin, so I could easily convert it to WAV when I wished to use it in a project.

That prompts yet another music question: If a client has an iTunes song that she purchased from Apple on, say, her iPad, and she wants me to create, say, a slideshow using her music and I do so for a fee, is there any copyright violation?

#-o

Thank you.

P.S. You write on p.206 that, under the File menu, one can create multiple Organizer catalogs. I'm thinking of creating one that will consist exclusively of music tracks, another that will consist only of photos, and yet another that will track only videos, as doing seems to me to be a better way of staying, yes, organized.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Another ? for Steve re what's written in his book

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:28 am

Hi, George. This is a community forum, so we usually ask that people ask general questions for the community rather than to specific individuals.

1) You should be able to turn off the Auto Analyzer by unchecking all of the options in the preferences for the Organizer and Premiere Elements.

2) I don't believe iTunes creates WAVs. I think it can create MP3s, but note that will still maintain the iTunes copy protection which often precludes people from using the music in video projects.

3) Per the above, most iTunes music will give you an error when you try to use it in a video editing project. That's true no matter which video editing program you're using. So you'll need to figure out a way to get around the copy protection -- or, better, get your music from another source -- if you want to use it in a project.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:17 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Hi, George. This is a community forum, so we usually ask that people ask general questions for the community rather than to specific individuals.

I'm aware of that, but since the subject of the post is "what's written in [Steve's] book," it seemed appropriate to direct my questions to the author of the book. Please accept my apology if that is an erroneous assumption.

1) You should be able to turn off the Auto Analyzer by unchecking all of the options in the preferences for the Organizer and Premiere Elements.

Noted and thanks for the reply.

2) I don't believe iTunes creates WAVs. I think it can create MP3s, but note that will still maintain the iTunes copy protection which often precludes people from using the music in video projects.

Yes, last time I checked, iTunes tracks were a protected form of MP3s but could be converted into WAVs within iTunes -- not sure if that's still true as iTunes is not installed on my current machine.

3) Per the above, most iTunes music will give you an error when you try to use it in a video editing project. That's true no matter which video editing program you're using. So you'll need to figure out a way to get around the copy protection -- or, better, get your music from another source -- if you want to use it in a project.

When my wife and I were still doing business here in the US, it would sometimes happen that we have a client who wants a favorite song that she has purchased from Apple via iTunes to be used in a creation for her private viewing on the very same Apple-approved device(s) where her purchased music was located. Once converted to the WAV format, the clients' purchased music would become usable in their creations. Nowadays, there's lots of quality, non-copyrighted music available for use in creations -- provided there is appropriate attribution. Premier Elements is itself a source of such music, even without attribution. The situation is also much different nowadays in another way: all sorts of social media exist and folks feel compelled to publish their creations there. What this means is that, if ever we decide to resume our business, we'll have no choice but to decline clients' requests to use their purchased music in their creations. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:44 pm

When my wife and I were still doing business here in the US, it would sometimes happen that we have a client who wants a favorite song that she has purchased from Apple via iTunes to be used in a creation for her private viewing on the very same Apple-approved device(s) where her purchased music was located.

But I think if she is paying you to do it you are infringing on the copyright.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:51 pm

sidd finch wrote:But I think if she is paying you to do it you are infringing on the copyright.
Sidd

That's how I see it, too.
Peru

Return to PRE version 2018