They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Import sound effects

Specific to Premiere Elements version 14

Import sound effects

Postby vanallen » Wed May 03, 2017 11:29 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and it looks terrific. :-)

I an using Premier Elements 14 on a PC. I have just downloaded the free sound effects files. Thx :-) But can someone please tell me how I can load them in to teh correct Premier folder so I can then apply them to a project? I have done quite a few web and forum searches but could not find an answer.

Thanks for the help - Brian
vanallen
New User
New User

Re: Import sound effects

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu May 04, 2017 4:33 am

Hi Brian! :wcm:

The sound effects can be added to a project as you would video or images. You can put them in any folder on your computer that makes sense to you. Then from the Add Media tab in PrEl click on Files and Folders and navigate to that location to choose a file. For example, you could create a folder in your Music folder called "Sound Effects". Once you add a sound effect (or any other media) to your project PrEl knows where to find it and just goes to it when it needs it. It then shows up under the Project Assets tab. If you move or delete that file from its original location PrEl will report the media as offline. Deleting media from a PrEl project doesn't affect the original file, it just removes it from the project.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby vanallen » Thu May 04, 2017 6:12 am

Thanks so much Dave. What a simple soloution. I was trying to be too clever and have the sound effects show up under the Effects tab. But your soloution is obvious and easy. :-)
Cheers - Brian
vanallen
New User
New User

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu May 04, 2017 8:38 am

vanallen wrote:Thanks so much Dave. What a simple soloution. I was trying to be too clever and have the sound effects show up under the Effects tab. But your soloution is obvious and easy. :-)
Cheers - Brian

Very welcome Brian. Sometimes the simplest solutions are best.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun May 07, 2017 10:08 am

HI Brian, Welcome to Muvipix !! :meet:

:::muvipix:::
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 14