They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Known Bug in MSP 14.0

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Known Bug in MSP 14.0

Postby super8guy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:45 am

On March 4, I tried to make a DVD w/ menus using MSP 12.0. I hadn't made a DVD using this program in 3 years (back then no problem,) and when I tried to send the project over to DVDAS, unlike my previous successes, I got the error message: "DVDAS does not appear to be installed." I had the feeling that the path was corrupted and the cause of the error message.

I attempted for days to figure this one out, but when I got the pop up message that MSP 14.0 was available for $79.99 I was hopeful that throwing money at the problem would solve it. WRONG!

I resorted to the 305 help #, was impressed w/ the speed w/ which the MAGIX folks attempted to solve my issue. But in the end, this was their final answer:
Unfortunately, this is a known bug in 14. The DVD Architect which comes with Movie Studio 14 Platinum is actually closer to the old DVD Architect Pro, which has more features than the DVD Architect Studio versions had.  The issue is that Movie Studio Platinum 14 is looking for the older version.   
To add the clips that you have rendered from Vegas or Movie Studio, in DVD Architect choose Insert > Media, and navigate to the rendered clips on your system.  This will add your media clip to your DVD Architect project.

I write this post in the hope that others will realize that by using MAGIX MSP 14.0, they may no longer have a seamless transition from MS video editing to DVDAS.

I also reached out to a well know Vegas guru, GK, but he was too busy to help me. I know that folks here would not turn me away...but for now, I'm gonna independently continue to hunt and peck my way towards a resolution. But I'm up against a deadline, so I may be back w/ questions if I continue to ](*,)
Panasonic AG-AC130A, Sony HDR-SR11, Garmin Virb, Dji Osmo Action, and Contour video cameras, VEGAS Pro 16.0 i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.7GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 Home Premium 64 bit,
super8guy

Re: Known Bug in MSP 14.0

Postby super8guy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:34 am

Oh yes, and the other bug I neglected to mention involved loading of MS. I downloaded all of the available programs that came w/ this $79.99 package, namely Sonic FirePro 6.0, DVD Archtect, MAGIX Music Maker, and New Blue Titler FX-Pro. Upon the initial attempt to load MS, it crashed. I got it in touch w/ MAGIX help via their 305 phone #, and was told to uninstall everything, then just install MS. That worked. I then reinstalled everything else EXCEPT New Blue Titler FX-Pro. MS continued to work.

Apparently there is a conflict b/t New Blue Titler FX-Pro and MS of which I was unaware, but after spending all day Saturday, I sointainly now am. :ha:
Panasonic AG-AC130A, Sony HDR-SR11, Garmin Virb, Dji Osmo Action, and Contour video cameras, VEGAS Pro 16.0 i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.7GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 Home Premium 64 bit,
super8guy

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:42 pm

FWIW, I've had not problems with any of these things, super8. Although I downloaded and installed the Platinum version rather than the Suite, so I got the Musicmaker rather than SonicFire Pro.

But my transfer from Movie Studio to DVD Architect Studio is bug-free.

I'm sorry for your problems -- but FWIW these are not universal issues.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby vkmast » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:27 pm

vkmast

Postby super8guy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:FWIW, I've had not problems with any of these things, super8. Although I downloaded and installed the Platinum version rather than the Suite, so I got the Musicmaker rather than SonicFire Pro.
But my transfer from Movie Studio to DVD Architect Studio is bug-free.
I'm sorry for your problems -- but FWIW these are not universal issues.

It's GTK that some ppl have it easy, but it's usually not that straight fwd for me.

Did you also acquire New Blue Titler FX-Pro? Consider yourself really special if that didn't cause a conflict!
super8guy

Postby super8guy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:01 pm

vkmast wrote:https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/dvd-architect-studio-missing--105823/

Thank you for this input.
super8guy

Postby super8guy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:07 pm

I happened to have another computer w/ MSP 12.0 Build 1184, and DVD AS Build 186 (a Sony era product) On that computer, MS readily links to DVDAS and I am able to burn a DVD w/ menus.

But of course I want to be able to do this on my more powerful system w/ the MAGIX sw and I will continue to dig into the process.

Thanks for the concern & support!
super8guy

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:58 pm

The NewBlue Titler Pro caused me some problems a couple generations ago. Uninstalling it fixed my buggy behavior and I haven't installed it again since.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to DVD Architect