They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Text Masking with Cyberlink Power Director 14

"The Fastest Video Editing Software for Enthusiasts"

Re: Text Masking with Cyberlink Power Director 14

Postby Cusinbrucie » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:52 pm

Hi,
I would like to cut a small part out of a 4 clips on the timeline, save them as media and then use them for a PiP to put at the end of my project, sort of like a recap of the whole project.
Cusinbrucie

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:09 pm

All of these things might be worth just getting in there and trying, Bruce. Just spend a day playing with the program. You might well find lots of features I don't even know about.

In the book, I show you how to use Content Aware Editing to cut your clip into small segments. Experiment a bit and see if that's the key to getting what you want.

There are often half a dozen ways to do pretty much anything anyway. So I can tell you how I'd do it -- but you may well find a better way just by playing around. Heck, that's half the fun!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cusinbrucie » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:08 pm

As you say, I will play around with the program to see if I can get the effect that I want.

I tried Content Aware Editing like suggested. Part of my problem was that I didn't bring in the individual clips into Power Director. I had originally brought them into Corel Video Studio and did the editing thee and saved the projects in the AVI format and brought those into Power Director so the individual clips were not in the media room window. I brought in one of the individual clips and used Content Aware Editing and broke it up into smaller clips, but could not put those smaller clips back into the media room window so that I could use them in the PiP creator. I haven't tried to use the PiP creator yet so maybe it will let me pick the clips from the timeline, I don't know but I will play around with it and see how that works. I know that there are usually many different ways to get the same thing done so I will have to experiment a bit. I'll let you know what I find out.

When my 10 year old Grandson was born I took a lot of videos of him and assembled a project using Edius of his first 18 months. At the end of the project I had a PiP with 4 different windows filling the screen showing different stages of his growth. I'm pretty sure that I was able to cut them out and save them as separate files to use in the PiP screen. He now has a little brother that turned one in August and is walking around all over the place so I want to do the same with the videos and photos that I have taken of him. Power Director has so many cool features that I really want this project to be amazing.

Thank you,
Bruce
Cusinbrucie

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:09 am

There's definitely a lot of bang for the buck in this great little program!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cusinbrucie » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:50 pm

I agree Steve.
I watched your 8 tutorials last night on Power Director 12, in Lesson 3 you show how to break up a scene with Detect Scenes, I guess that would be a good way to choose just what I want to use in PiP projects. Once it is done and you click ok it creates a sub folder. Do you think that this would be a way for me to keep separate folders or sub folders to keep media from different projects separate from each other?
Cusinbrucie

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:24 pm

It certainly sounds like exactly what you're asking for!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cusinbrucie » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:31 pm

Great, thank you. :-D
Cusinbrucie

Previous

Return to PowerDirector Series