They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Spring is on the way

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Spring is on the way

Postby sidd finch » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:41 am

I always like when spring comes and reminds us how beautiful things are. I noticed that our plum tree is starting to blossom so I thought I would see if I could get some pictures before it is all over. I thought I would post an update from exactly 1 year ago today.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Spring is on the way

Postby momoffduty » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:20 am

Bring on Spring! Lovely capture of your plum tree. Did you use the GoPro for the stills?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Thanks Mom, Yes I did use the GoPro for all the shots. I used Protune with the GoPro color range. I tried to use a slider I made but it did not work as well as I was hoping. I had a Macro Lens on so it might have been a bit too front heavy for the slider because it wobbled. Your slider shots are way more smooth. I need to practice more. :)

I need to make an animated gif for my virtual plum tasting.... lol

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Very nice as usual Sidd. Overall I liked last years video more but this was good too :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:51 pm

I agree Chuck. I was hoping that the slider shots would have been smoother. Also the blossoms are scarce... I might just need to wait until it is completely blooming then try again. :)

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:00 am

Our Annual Plum Orgy

When I was a kid in upstate New York, my friend Wayne and I had a deal with a very old woman known as The Widow Lobdel.

She had, if memory serves, 8 plum trees near the front porch of her farmhouse.

Here was the deal: If we would go to her house once per year to harvest all her plums when she'd decided they were ready, Wayne and I would keep half for ourselves -- that came out to two trees of plums for each of Wayne and me.

And that is why I refer to that memory as "our annual plum orgy."
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:40 pm

That is not a bad deal. Last year from 1 tree we got 12 gallons of plum slurry to make jam. You must have been exhausted from all that picking.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:38 am

Here are some tips for making jam that you might find useful. The feet technique is especially important. Unfortunately getting the dirt from the Hoh Rain Forest may be a bit more of an issue for you. ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbsVZMYFJAc[/youtube]
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby _Paz_ » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:16 am

A worthy successor, Sidd! I too prefer the first one. I think the atmosphere created by the music was more magical, mystical. I don't see a problem with your shots.

Spring sprang here two days ago. Pink trees everywhere. All over town. Had to run the air conditioner last night. Bummer. A week ago it was a fire.

I've been out trying to do some tests, trying to get some good shots but none of mine are as pretty as yours because it has been raining for days. Grey background, no sun for backlight.

Can't wait to see your next version!!! :)
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:53 pm

Dave, I loved it, but I am not too sure my wife (or the neighbors) would appreciate me walking around the back yard with a skirt on. Even if it had a festive print on the material.

Paz went out to the tree last night and the blooms are exploding. I hope it is sunny this weekend so I can get another crack at it.
:)

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:59 am

sidd finch wrote:...I am not too sure my wife (or the neighbors) would appreciate me walking around the back yard with a skirt on. Even if it had a festive print on the material...Sidd

Beware those men in skirts!

The Scottish Highland Regiments are renowned for being some of the bravest regiments in the British army...During World War I they still used fierce bayonet charges commonly. This caused the Germans to refer to the Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) as the “Ladies from Hell”. The Black Watch wears the term today as a badge of honor.

More here:-

http://www.allempires.com/article/index ... _Regiments
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Return to GoPro Cameras